Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15

Thread: What a feeling!

  1. #1
    BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Urbana, Illinois
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    What a feeling!

    I was in school at Alabama during those first three heartbreaking games we lost to ND in the 70's. When you add the total ripoffs from the voters in 1966 and 1977, I cannot begin to explain the contempt so many of us built up against ND over the years. I can truly say that the victory last night was just as exhilarating as any victory ever over AU or anybody else in any other big game. Thank you Coach Saban, assistant coaches, players and everybody else involved in bringing Alabama football back to the glory days as good as we have ever had. Roll Tide!!!

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama22 View Post
    I was in school at Alabama during those first three heartbreaking games we lost to ND in the 70's. When you add the total ripoffs from the voters in 1966 and 1977, I cannot begin to explain the contempt so many of us built up against ND over the years. I can truly say that the victory last night was just as exhilarating as any victory ever over AU or anybody else in any other big game. Thank you Coach Saban, assistant coaches, players and everybody else involved in bringing Alabama football back to the glory days as good as we have ever had. Roll Tide!!!
    39 YEARS I and so many other old-timers have waited for this! For the younger set and Bama fans in general what CNS and the program have accomplished is historic and now unprecedented. But for some of us who lived through what we lost at the hands of ND in the 70s and with Bear on the sideline, it's been sort of like Bama and Bear's Achilles heel and a wound that would never go away while they were presumed to be the greatest college football program ever. Now finally some of that weight has been lifted from our shoulders thanks to CNS, the players, program, fans, etc, etc, etc, and Bama can now rightly claim the throne (whether granny Lou likes it or not). It's almost an amazing feeling now after last night and one that ND can never steal from us now. I hope that all Bama fans never again have to live with such a feeling of unfulfilment, and that Bama always holds its rightful place on the throne of college football.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #3
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    If you asked the older fans when Saban arrived what teams they would like to beat for the National Championship, the answer would certainly have been Texas and Notre Dame. The last four years have been incredible.

  5. #4
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    If you asked the older fans when Saban arrived what teams they would like to beat for the National Championship, the answer would certainly have been Texas and Notre Dame. The last four years have been incredible.
    Yep. Those were the two that we needed to beat especially for all the stakes. CNS sure righted that ship in due PROCESS.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC 100%Crimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: What a feeling!

    Yes. Texas and Notre Dame. So glad we have taken them down. I enjoyed the Texas beat down, but this one....it's special.
    Crystal footballs are multiplying like bunnies at Bama.

  7. #6
    BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Memphis,TN.
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: What a feeling!

    Those of us that were around then got our revenge last night. I thank this team and Coach Saban for setting it straight. I only wish my dad was around to see this, but I believe he was somewhere watching. RTR #1

  8. #7
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    Yep. Those were the two that we needed to beat especially for all the stakes. CNS sure righted that ship in due PROCESS.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Total agreement.

    We have partially righted some of the wrongs that happened under Coach Bryant: Texas and Notre Dame. I just can't think of any more that need to be taken care of, maybe upstart Boise State.

    After suffering through the missing ring of 1966, the 24 to 23 game in New Orleans and the 13 to 11 game in Miami, it was time to turn the Tide.

    Last night's victory was very satisfying. In fact it was, in my mind, the most satisfying victory in Bama's storied history. This is going to be a very pleasant off-season.

    New recruits and current players, get ready for next season. This never gets old.

    Notre Dame is now in the rear view mirror! We are on College Football's Throne! Not gloating, just stating the facts.

    Growing up I never imagined beating Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Michigan, and Notre Dame in the same year. I really never thought much about A & M. But they are now on my mind and a target for September 2013. Everybody CIRCLE that date in September!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

  9. #8
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    Those of us that were around then got our revenge last night. I thank this team and Coach Saban for setting it straight. I only wish my dad was around to see this, but I believe he was somewhere watching. RTR #1
    Same goes for my stepfather who introduced me to Bama football and the Bear in '58. He died soon after Bear but I'm sure they and your dad got a kick out of this. It truly was special.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #9
    Suspended Quicksilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Here and there, I am able to make friends, "sort of", with an Aubie or a Vile, but not so with a Notre Dame fan. I just detest them, all of them, the school, "Touchdown Jesus," the gold helmets, the supposed "luck of the Irish," everything about them. Last night's game turned them into more Alabama roadkill, and I for one am happy about it.

  11. #10
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama22 View Post
    I was in school at Alabama during those first three heartbreaking games we lost to ND in the 70's. When you add the total ripoffs from the voters in 1966 and 1977, I cannot begin to explain the contempt so many of us built up against ND over the years. I can truly say that the victory last night was just as exhilarating as any victory ever over AU or anybody else in any other big game. Thank you Coach Saban, assistant coaches, players and everybody else involved in bringing Alabama football back to the glory days as good as we have ever had. Roll Tide!!!
    So was I hence 76 in my moniker but I've never hated ND so much as I felt like they were the one that always seemed to get away.

  12. #11
    BamaNation First Team TNBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Knoxville, TN. USA
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    My father's last year at Bama was Bryant's first year, and my first year at Bama was Bryant's last year. My father got to experience the "golden years" of Bryant and Bama football. I got a taste with the '92 upset of Miami, even if Bryant was long gone. But with my father now elderly and strongly struggling with Parkinson's Disease, I could not be more thrilled that we get to experience this greatest age of Bama football together, with the icing on the cake being my 12 year old daughter having her allegance to Bama sealed with this run, despite living in Knoxville. I never thought any coach could ever be remotely considered as great as Bryant, but what Saban has done in such a short time is legendary. Its truly a great time to be a Bama fan.

  13. #12
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What a feeling!

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBama View Post
    My father's last year at Bama was Bryant's first year, and my first year at Bama was Bryant's last year. My father got to experience the "golden years" of Bryant and Bama football. I got a taste with the '92 upset of Miami, even if Bryant was long gone. But with my father now elderly and strongly struggling with Parkinson's Disease, I could not be more thrilled that we get to experience this greatest age of Bama football together, with the icing on the cake being my 12 year old daughter having her allegance to Bama sealed with this run, despite living in Knoxville. I never thought any coach could ever be remotely considered as great as Bryant, but what Saban has done in such a short time is legendary. Its truly a great time to be a Bama fan.
    The minute I got back to Knoxville from the game on Tuesday I put out my beautiful large crimson flag with the script A. I only put it out for special victories like this instead of all the time in case some stupid vol tried to desecrate it. I too have been blessed to have experienced two golden eras of Bama football and almost have to pinch myself to see if what we're experiencing right now is real. I'm happy for you and your father that you both get to experience this together. Incidentally I also was at the '92 Sugar Bowl and can honestly say that Bear was in the building that night. It was palpable. There was no way that he was going to let his man Stallings and Bama not win a NC that night. The atmosphere that night in the dome (where he had some of his greatest victories) was absolutely magical.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #13
    BamaNation All-SEC Gr8hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

    Re: What a feeling!

    I was there too, 1958. It was magic! I wasn't able to go this year but imagine the feeling was much the same. It felt pretty good at home in my living room.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!