Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

how's your local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

Here in Nashville they're doing a decent job depending on who you listen to...by the way Paul Kuharsky here on local radio is a total idiot. Sorry if this is offensive, but it's true. He's on the whole "Saban needs to enjoy the victory more" bandwagon. Who's to say he isn't? Just because he's not jumping around like some giddy school girl means he's not enjoying it???

How's it where you're at?
    It's a PROCESS...you wouldn't understand.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: how's you local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

My local sports talk radio spent very little time on the actual game. They spent more time talking about the Must-Berger comments over AJ's girlfriend. Discussing the game was minimal.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    My local sports talk radio spent very little time on the actual game. They spent more time talking about the Must-Berger comments over AJ's girlfriend. Discussing the game was minimal.
    that was very true here this afternoon as they replayed the sound bite at least twice. I'm listening to the afternoon show now and they're spending more time talking about what actually happened. many fellow Tide fans have called in and tried to explain the SEC affinity to Paul Kuharsky to no avail. I will say that to all the shows locally I've listened to today I haven't heard any of the Domer fans that were so vocal leading up to yesterday. If they've called in I missed it.
    It's a PROCESS...you wouldn't understand.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"Was Notre Dame the most deserving team to play Bama? Oregon and Ohio State says no."
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

local guys are saying Domers deserved to be there but simply ran into a machine that didn't make any errors.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    local guys are saying Domers deserved to be there but simply ran into a machine that didn't make any errors.
    Hard to disagree with that.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

"Domination", "Spanking", "Butt Kicking", etc. are the phrases on local sports radio.

Post Thanks / Like

saying bama is top of the heap but they are trying to convince themselves that georgia has another shot next year. that and they seem to always bring texas a and m into the discussion
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing allot about the need for a playoff and that A&M would have won it all. I'm getting pretty tired of the aggie logic at this point. Also hearing that Oregon could have made it a better game.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

how's your local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    Hearing allot about the need for a playoff and that A&M would have won it all. I'm getting pretty tired of the aggie logic at this point. Also hearing that Oregon could have made it a better game.
    This. Local guy pushing playoff. Saying Oregon and Aggies were hot. In his defense, they did mention that we spotted three three TD's and the time just ran out for our come back.
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: how's your local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    This. Local guy pushing playoff. Saying Oregon and Aggies were hot. In his defense, they did mention that we spotted three three TD's and the time just ran out for our come back.
    the month layoff would benefit us in both games. A&M would fare better because they are better equiped for the phyical matchup. I say UA 38-20 against aTm and UA 56-13 against Oregon
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    Had an aggie telling me they were playing so well at seasons end no team in the country would have wanted to face them in a playoff game. I told him I know one coach and one team that would relish the chance to play them in a playoff. CNS and the Tide would love to play them again and would probably agree to do it tomorrow if given the chance. CNS hates losing and so does this team.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Minimal coverage up here - essentially objectively reporting the result, and heaping some perfuncotry accolades on Bama...

They're far too excited about the resumption of NHL hockey to devote anything more than basic coverage to yesterday's epic Bama victory...

Thank God for Sirius XM 91, and jox online streaming.

I, of course, am yelling "Roll Tide" at anyone who ventures within a 10 yards radius of me, wore one of my Bama t-shirts into the office today, and, notwithstanding the snow and temps, my car is adorned w my Crimson Tide car flag...
    Last edited by Rush; January 8th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.