how's your local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
Here in Nashville they're doing a decent job depending on who you listen to...by the way Paul Kuharsky here on local radio is a total idiot. Sorry if this is offensive, but it's true. He's on the whole "Saban needs to enjoy the victory more" bandwagon. Who's to say he isn't? Just because he's not jumping around like some giddy school girl means he's not enjoying it???

How's it where you're at?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: how's you local non-Bama media reporting on the victory?

My local sports talk radio spent very little time on the actual game. They spent more time talking about the Must-Berger comments over AJ's girlfriend. Discussing the game was minimal.

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211

My local sports talk radio spent very little time on the actual game. They spent more time talking about the Must-Berger comments over AJ's girlfriend. Discussing the game was minimal.
that was very true here this afternoon as they replayed the sound bite at least twice. I'm listening to the afternoon show now and they're spending more time talking about what actually happened. many fellow Tide fans have called in and tried to explain the SEC affinity to Paul Kuharsky to no avail. I will say that to all the shows locally I've listened to today I haven't heard any of the Domer fans that were so vocal leading up to yesterday. If they've called in I missed it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

"Was Notre Dame the most deserving team to play Bama? Oregon and Ohio State says no."

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

local guys are saying Domers deserved to be there but simply ran into a machine that didn't make any errors.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma

"Domination", "Spanking", "Butt Kicking", etc. are the phrases on local sports radio.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

saying bama is top of the heap but they are trying to convince themselves that georgia has another shot next year. that and they seem to always bring texas a and m into the discussion

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas

Hearing allot about the need for a playoff and that A&M would have won it all. I'm getting pretty tired of the aggie logic at this point. Also hearing that Oregon could have made it a better game.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Hearing allot about the need for a playoff and that A&M would have won it all. I'm getting pretty tired of the aggie logic at this point. Also hearing that Oregon could have made it a better game.
This. Local guy pushing playoff. Saying Oregon and Aggies were hot. In his defense, they did mention that we spotted three three TD's and the time just ran out for our come back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This. Local guy pushing playoff. Saying Oregon and Aggies were hot. In his defense, they did mention that we spotted three three TD's and the time just ran out for our come back.
the month layoff would benefit us in both games. A&M would fare better because they are better equiped for the phyical matchup. I say UA 38-20 against aTm and UA 56-13 against Oregon

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Had an aggie telling me they were playing so well at seasons end no team in the country would have wanted to face them in a playoff game. I told him I know one coach and one team that would relish the chance to play them in a playoff. CNS and the Tide would love to play them again and would probably agree to do it tomorrow if given the chance. CNS hates losing and so does this team.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Minimal coverage up here - essentially objectively reporting the result, and heaping some perfuncotry accolades on Bama...

They're far too excited about the resumption of NHL hockey to devote anything more than basic coverage to yesterday's epic Bama victory...

Thank God for Sirius XM 91, and jox online streaming.

I, of course, am yelling "Roll Tide" at anyone who ventures within a 10 yards radius of me, wore one of my Bama t-shirts into the office today, and, notwithstanding the snow and temps, my car is adorned w my Crimson Tide car flag... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
This morning in ATL (92.9) they did not discuss the game itself, all they seemed to want to talk about was who ELSE should have played Bama. Nevermind the actual performance, all they cared about was who may have beaten them.................Yea,whatever..........

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Deke: Co-Host WWL's "SportsTalk w/Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia,"

Our Crimson Tide had much attention on New Orleans' 50,000 watt flame-thrower, WWL 870 a.m. After sundown, you should be able to pick up WWL as far a the Carolina's & Virginia.

Deke: Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14. How bad was it?

How bad was it? You know it’s bad when the lead broadcaster starts talking about the other team’s young players. This happened when Brent Musburger started talking about the future of Notre Dame with one minute off the clock into the third quarter of Monday’s BCS Title Game.

You see, what Musburger did is called “filling” in broadcasting. He had to begin to fill his broadcast with other things, as the game was irrelevant after the first few minutes, after Alabama jumped on the undefeated Irish and jumped out to a dominating 21-0 lead early in the first half of the game.

Notre Dame may be great one day, but right now Alabama is on a level that very few teams have been able to be on at any level of sports. Yes, everyone knew when the Tide raced out to a 21-0 lead that this was real football and this was a football team really playing well.
More at link: http://www.wwl.com/Deke---Alabama-42--Notre-Dame-14--How-bad-was-it-/10773564?pid=288023

Then, :

Video of Deke & Bobby's take, before BCS Championship Game:

[video]http://www.wwl.com/Show-Page---Bobby-and-Deke/10606678[/video]

Deke & Bobby interview:

Voice of Crimson Tide radio, Eli Gold> http://www.wwl.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6190486

BamaOnline's Travis Reier> http://www.wwl.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6190592

Tigerbait.com's Mark Scarborough> http://www.wwl.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6190607

Last edited:

Alan22

Oct 6, 2012
Cocodrie, LA
Re: Deke: Co-Host WWL's "SportsTalk w/Bobby Hebert & Deke Bellavia,"

More at link: http://www.wwl.com/Deke---Alabama-42--Notre-Dame-14--How-bad-was-it-/10773564?pid=288023

Deke & Bobby's take before the game:

[video]http://www.wwl.com/Show-Page---Bobby-and-Deke/10606678[/video]
I just couldn't listen to Bobby and Deke before this game. Bobby's just a straight LSU homer at most times, even more than a Saints homer which is odd, but I tried to avoid the broadcasts. Other than that, I haven't heard anything. I'm wayyyy down in LSU-country. :(

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.