Question: Any idea on the Crowd split at the game?

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I was in section 118 on our side of the field and was severely outnumbered by ND fans.Id say 65 35 ND is accurate.The ND fans I sat by we're good people.The Bama fans behind me were actually from Philly.
That is about right. I was in Section 422. There was a lot of domers on the Alabama side. It wasn't 70/30. But it was around 60/40 to 65/35. Somewhere around that figure is a good approximation. Outside the stadium, it was more around 75/25 or even 80/20 ND. At my hotel in Sunny Isles, it was 95% ND. No kidding. I was one of about six Alabama fans in the hotel. They did show up in droves which had me very concerned about the distribution in the stadium. I flew back to Dallas tonight and was on the plan with a lady who flew in from Hawaii. She was a lot of fun and we had a great time chatting. While I am on that subject, it is true that this was one of the most intense crowds I have been a part of right up to that first drive. After that, the shock set in that perhaps the coronation of Notre Dame might be some years away. On a quick side note, most old timer ND fans were incredibly respectful and just shook my hand and said we had an awesome team. On the entire other side of that spectrum are the younger ND fans which were as disrespectful as any fan base I have ever seen. The fans in my immediate area were around 20 years old and several were trying to entice Bama fans to come over and start a fight. At the half, one of them apologized and they all left the stadium. It was interesting to see the distribution in the stadium change every time Alabama scored. After the half, it changed considerably from that point to the end of the game.

Last edited:

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
That is about right. I was in Section 422. There was a lot of domers on the Alabama side. It wasn't 70/30. But it was around 60/40 to 65/35. Somewhere around that figure is a good approximation. Outside the stadium, it was more around 75/25 or even 80/20 ND. They did show up in droves which had me very concerned about the distribution in the stadium. I flew back to Dallas tonight and was on the plan with a lady who flew in from Hawaii. She was a lot of fun and we had a great time chatting. While I am on that subject, it is true that this was one of the most intense crowds I have been a part of right up to that first drive. After that, the shock set in that perhaps the coronation of Notre Dame might be some years away. On a quick side note, most old timer ND fans were incredibly respectful and just shook my hand and said we had an awesome team. On the entire other side of that spectrum are the younger ND fans which were as disrespectful as any fan base I have ever seen. The fans in my immediate area were around 20 years old and several were trying to entice Bama fans to come over and start a fight. At the half, one of them apologized and they all left the stadium. It was interesting to see the distribution in the stadium change every time Alabama scored. After the half, it changed considerably from that point to the end of the game.
Would be awesome if you had pictures showing the beginning of the game crowd, the end of the first qtr crowd, the end of the half crowd, the end of the 3rd qtr crowd, and the end of the game crowd.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
We were in section 205 (technically Alabama section on stadium map), but Club level ticket distribution didn't appear to follow same as Alabama section upper and lower deck distribution. We sat by ND fans on our right and 2 UNC fans on our left who left after 1st Q to beat the traffic. HUH, do what?!?!

It was probably like what you've read on here even in our section. I felt like it was more 60/40 ND even in our "Alabama section". Total stadium I'd probably be more likely to say 65/35.

Side note, Charles Barkley was behind us a few rows and Trent Richardson was nearby as well. Passed him on the way back to seats. Just walking along saying Roll Tide's and such and boom there he is. :)

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
I was there, and i would say it was about 60-40 domers. Guy in line to get in behind me was a notre dame fan and said he had to look for tickets in the bama section because the notre dame sections were so insanely highly priced.

i told him we were still paying off the last two trips (which is true for me!) lol...

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
I figured the split inside the stadium was around 65-35. Tons of Irish fans outside all around us. All of the Notre Dame fans I met, and drank with, were really nice. It seemed to me that there was a great mutual respect for each other's traditions.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It didn't look overly ND on tv, but there was more green/blue when they panned the entire stadium, but I figured the ND people were the ones gobbling up tickets on stubhub because the prices were much more inflated than last year or against UT. 25 years of pent up energy; they were ready to go to the game and willing to spend a lot for the tix.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I would say 60/40 is probably pretty close. I was glad that it was only that bad because walking around town the days before the game is was about 90-10 domers and I'm not exaggerating. I guess the Bama fans were staying in Ft. Lauderdale.
We were. Lots of crimson in Ft. Lauderdale.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Friend of mine at work went to the game and said they were outnumbered by about 4 to 1. I'm not sure which section he was in but he did say the ND fans were rude and obnoxious until the second touchdown then it got quiet. By half time was over he said Bama fans outnumbered them about 5 to 1.

2bseen

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2007
lake guntersville
We parked just after 12 in orange lot 2 very close to staduim. The n.d. fans were very loud and yelling but most stayed in groups and were talking lots of trash. Inside they were rude and very full of themself. This was as bad I as I have ever seen at a bowl game. I have been to every bama bowl game since 04. After the game they were trashing the parking lots, breaking bottles, throwning coolers. We stayed about hr and half after game was over. It was pretty sad they were that mad. I think outside it was 75-25 and inside about 60-40 domers.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
I finally found a ticket for sell in section 450. This turned out to be a Notre Dame section. Prior to the game there were only a few Alabama fans in the ND section. I went to the opposite side of the stadium and found a single ND fan who was willing to swap tickets. From the two sections I observed there were more ND fans in the Tide Pride section than Bama fans in the ND section. I would think the split was less than 60/40 ND.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Honestly, I think they had a lot more than 60%. It looked at lot closer to 70% because there wasn't much crimson outside of our designated area and they took a good chunk of ours.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
We parked just after 12 in orange lot 2 very close to staduim. The n.d. fans were very loud and yelling but most stayed in groups and were talking lots of trash. Inside they were rude and very full of themself. This was as bad I as I have ever seen at a bowl game. I have been to every bama bowl game since 04. After the game they were trashing the parking lots, breaking bottles, throwning coolers. We stayed about hr and half after game was over. It was pretty sad they were that mad. I think outside it was 75-25 and inside about 60-40 domers.
Yes outside before the game it looked like mostly domers in some areas and it was mostly domers I saw looking for tickets. After the game when I could see the upper deck on our side and how full and how far around our fans went in it is when I felt it was no more than 60-40 ND. What interests me is wondering how many of those domer fans have never had any real connection with the school including going to any ND games but are domer 'fans' just because they are Catholic and ND is God's chosen team (if I heard that once I heard it a thousand times in the weeks before the game, just as over the years). I'm not knocking Catholics at all. Its just interesting how many non-football people domer 'fans' surface when something 'big' happens for them. Incidentally I saw very few domers in the Bama lower deck sections.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
I was in section 407 and to me the split looked 60/40 ND as most here have said. My wife & I stayed in Hollywood & the split there was more 55/45 ND. We took a shuttle to the game (which was worth every penny), and were on it with a family of 5(including ND Grandpa) who were extremely nice and respectful. Grandpa kept saying it was very likely that Alabama was going to dominate the game and kept reminding me that we had the top recruiting class the last few years-- he was trying his best in his polite way to make me take a bite at his comments, to which I just reminded him that Bama had lost 5 of 6 to them and that the "Bear" never did beat his team. Sure I thought it was possible that we would dominate them but seeing that we were supposed to ride back with them to the hotel I sure as heck wasn't about to set myself up. The funny part was that he wanted my wife and I to agree that if it was a blowout that we would agree to leave early to avoid the traffic( As to which I did--but of course didn't mean it)---Then low and behold my wife starts getting texts from our driver midway through the 3rd quarter wanting to know if we were ready to leave as the other party in the shuttle was waiting on us to go back to the hotel! Her response was "NO WAY" and needless to say he had to send another driver for us! I was in New Orleans last year and I can only say from my experience the ND fans were nothing but classy to us, even as we checked out of the hotel a ND couple was behind us and I told them that I appreciated how classy their fans were and in reply they said " Well thanks, but we never met any Bama fans that we didn't like." Just my experience from Miami, sorry to hear that some weren't so fortunate!

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
We were in section 205 (technically Alabama section on stadium map), but Club level ticket distribution didn't appear to follow same as Alabama section upper and lower deck distribution. We sat by ND fans on our right and 2 UNC fans on our left who left after 1st Q to beat the traffic. HUH, do what?!?!

It was probably like what you've read on here even in our section. I felt like it was more 60/40 ND even in our "Alabama section". Total stadium I'd probably be more likely to say 65/35.

Side note, Charles Barkley was behind us a few rows and Trent Richardson was nearby as well. Passed him on the way back to seats. Just walking along saying Roll Tide's and such and boom there he is. :)
Who was Charles Barkley pulling for?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I sat with the guy above me in section 407, row 22 (where were you?) and saw pretty much the same numbers 60/40 as everyone else here. I'd say that while a few guys had big mouths, the VAST majority of ND fans were a classy group, especially outside after the game. I'm pretty darn proud of the bama fans as well, as the redneck trash talking types kept it under control for the most part and just basked in the pleasure of the win. When Brian Kelly flashed on the screen for a half second for the post game interview in the tunnel, the fans were quiet and didn't boo. That being said, the interview flashed on the screen for .005 seconds before being taken off.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.