Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Redstripe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any idea on the Crowd split at the game?

I figured the split inside the stadium was around 65-35. Tons of Irish fans outside all around us. All of the Notre Dame fans I met, and drank with, were really nice. It seemed to me that there was a great mutual respect for each other's traditions.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

It didn't look overly ND on tv, but there was more green/blue when they panned the entire stadium, but I figured the ND people were the ones gobbling up tickets on stubhub because the prices were much more inflated than last year or against UT. 25 years of pent up energy; they were ready to go to the game and willing to spend a lot for the tix.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    I would say 60/40 is probably pretty close. I was glad that it was only that bad because walking around town the days before the game is was about 90-10 domers and I'm not exaggerating. I guess the Bama fans were staying in Ft. Lauderdale.
    We were. Lots of crimson in Ft. Lauderdale.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Friend of mine at work went to the game and said they were outnumbered by about 4 to 1. I'm not sure which section he was in but he did say the ND fans were rude and obnoxious until the second touchdown then it got quiet. By half time was over he said Bama fans outnumbered them about 5 to 1.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I heard their fans were very rude and full of themselves. Obviously, that didn't last long.

Every fan base has those type, but I've found that a majority of other schools fans to be good people who just cheer for the wrong team...

Post Thanks / Like

We parked just after 12 in orange lot 2 very close to staduim. The n.d. fans were very loud and yelling but most stayed in groups and were talking lots of trash. Inside they were rude and very full of themself. This was as bad I as I have ever seen at a bowl game. I have been to every bama bowl game since 04. After the game they were trashing the parking lots, breaking bottles, throwning coolers. We stayed about hr and half after game was over. It was pretty sad they were that mad. I think outside it was 75-25 and inside about 60-40 domers.

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably 60/40 ND. I was expecting the crowd to be even larger in their favor.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally found a ticket for sell in section 450. This turned out to be a Notre Dame section. Prior to the game there were only a few Alabama fans in the ND section. I went to the opposite side of the stadium and found a single ND fan who was willing to swap tickets. From the two sections I observed there were more ND fans in the Tide Pride section than Bama fans in the ND section. I would think the split was less than 60/40 ND.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I think they had a lot more than 60%. It looked at lot closer to 70% because there wasn't much crimson outside of our designated area and they took a good chunk of ours.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2bseen View Post
    We parked just after 12 in orange lot 2 very close to staduim. The n.d. fans were very loud and yelling but most stayed in groups and were talking lots of trash. Inside they were rude and very full of themself. This was as bad I as I have ever seen at a bowl game. I have been to every bama bowl game since 04. After the game they were trashing the parking lots, breaking bottles, throwning coolers. We stayed about hr and half after game was over. It was pretty sad they were that mad. I think outside it was 75-25 and inside about 60-40 domers.
    Yes outside before the game it looked like mostly domers in some areas and it was mostly domers I saw looking for tickets. After the game when I could see the upper deck on our side and how full and how far around our fans went in it is when I felt it was no more than 60-40 ND. What interests me is wondering how many of those domer fans have never had any real connection with the school including going to any ND games but are domer 'fans' just because they are Catholic and ND is God's chosen team (if I heard that once I heard it a thousand times in the weeks before the game, just as over the years). I'm not knocking Catholics at all. Its just interesting how many non-football people domer 'fans' surface when something 'big' happens for them. Incidentally I saw very few domers in the Bama lower deck sections.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I was in section 407 and to me the split looked 60/40 ND as most here have said. My wife & I stayed in Hollywood & the split there was more 55/45 ND. We took a shuttle to the game (which was worth every penny), and were on it with a family of 5(including ND Grandpa) who were extremely nice and respectful. Grandpa kept saying it was very likely that Alabama was going to dominate the game and kept reminding me that we had the top recruiting class the last few years-- he was trying his best in his polite way to make me take a bite at his comments, to which I just reminded him that Bama had lost 5 of 6 to them and that the "Bear" never did beat his team. Sure I thought it was possible that we would dominate them but seeing that we were supposed to ride back with them to the hotel I sure as heck wasn't about to set myself up. The funny part was that he wanted my wife and I to agree that if it was a blowout that we would agree to leave early to avoid the traffic( As to which I did--but of course didn't mean it)---Then low and behold my wife starts getting texts from our driver midway through the 3rd quarter wanting to know if we were ready to leave as the other party in the shuttle was waiting on us to go back to the hotel! Her response was "NO WAY" and needless to say he had to send another driver for us! I was in New Orleans last year and I can only say from my experience the ND fans were nothing but classy to us, even as we checked out of the hotel a ND couple was behind us and I told them that I appreciated how classy their fans were and in reply they said " Well thanks, but we never met any Bama fans that we didn't like." Just my experience from Miami, sorry to hear that some weren't so fortunate!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Bama outnumbered Notre Dame on the field 22-0 in the first quarter. I guess their team bus was stuck in traffic or something.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    We were in section 205 (technically Alabama section on stadium map), but Club level ticket distribution didn't appear to follow same as Alabama section upper and lower deck distribution. We sat by ND fans on our right and 2 UNC fans on our left who left after 1st Q to beat the traffic. HUH, do what?!?!

It was probably like what you've read on here even in our section. I felt like it was more 60/40 ND even in our "Alabama section". Total stadium I'd probably be more likely to say 65/35.

Side note, Charles Barkley was behind us a few rows and Trent Richardson was nearby as well. Passed him on the way back to seats. Just walking along saying Roll Tide's and such and boom there he is.
    Who was Charles Barkley pulling for?