Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 59
  1. #40
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,086
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Kirk Cousins still has nightmares about that game.
    He should for some reason msu continually didn't block Upshaw. It's like they didnt know that he rushed 95% of the time. They weren't even doing roll outs, they just let him crush cousins and their first backup til they finally got to the 3rd strong qb who was a receiver.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    15,242
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    No team will ever have won consecutive BCS championships other than Alabama.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  4. #42
    BamaNation All-American Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    3,034

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Becker View Post
    AJ had to come to lee county to find a hot girlfriend...
    no she had to leave Lee county to find a real man. That'll rile em up

  5. #43
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,221

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    The Barners are miserable right now for sure. Their first hope is that CNS just gets tired of winning BCS championships and wants to go to the lake to watch the ducks.

    But now they are also turning to their new found hope of the Gus Bus. Have heard more than one Barner say lately that they believe this is the "best staff in college football."

    Think about that...this staff hasn't won one game and they are already the "best."

    I think I'll take CNS and the staff that he pieces together each year after his assistants run off to a promotion somewhere.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; January 14th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #44
    BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,705
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    The barn lies in ruins and I couldn't be happier. I just spoke to one the other day who said that he felt that they still had the better coach. That alone made me laugh, but that wasn't even the best part. Naturally, I thought he was talking about Malzahn, so I replied "well, he did okay in his one and only season in the Sun Belt, so you may want to hold up for a moment and see how he does as a HC in the most powerful conference in college football before you make that declaration". This "huge auburn fan" who went to the barn-Oregon title game in 2010 did not know what I was talking about! He said "wait, what do you mean Sun Belt?", "next season will be Chizik's 5th at auburn, I know he has had a rough couple of years since winning the title, but he and his staff are on the verge of turning it around". This guy did not know that Chizik was gone and Malzahn was their new head coach! I asked him how in the world could he not know that and what he said next actually surprised me a it. This "fan" stopped following them so early on in the season, he missed the whole coaching change! I had to catch him up on everything from the Vanderbilt game to the Chizik firing, Malzahn hiring. When I told him that Ellis Johnson was their new DC, he smiled and said something about that being to their advantage because he once coached at Bama. If they are not the most fair weathered fan base out there, then I don't know who is.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

    RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

    My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,705
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    The Barners are miserable right now for sure. Their first hope is that CNS just gets tired of winning BCS championships and wants to go to the lake to watch the ducks.

    But now they are also turning to their new found hope of the Gus Bus. Have heard more than one Barner say lately that they believe this is the "best staff in college football."

    Think about that...this staff hasn't won one game and they are already the "best."

    I think I'll take CNS and the staff that he pieces together each year after his assistants run off to a promotion somewhere.
    Funny how they were so quiet all during the actual season, yet now that it is the off season, they want to chest beat again.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

    RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

    My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

  8. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,221

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    The barn lies in ruins and I couldn't be happier. I just spoke to one the other day who said that he felt that they still had the better coach. That alone made me laugh, but that wasn't even the best part. Naturally, I thought he was talking about Malzahn, so I replied "well, he did okay in his one and only season in the Sun Belt, so you may want to hold up for a moment and see how he does as a HC in the most powerful conference in college football before you make that declaration". This "huge auburn fan" who went to the barn-Oregon title game in 2010 did not know what I was talking about! He said "wait, what do you mean Sun Belt?", "next season will be Chizik's 5th at auburn, I know he has had a rough couple of years since winning the title, but he and his staff are on the verge of turning it around". This guy did not know that Chizik was gone and Malzahn was their new head coach! I asked him how in the world could he not know that and what he said next actually surprised me a it. This "fan" stopped following them so early on in the season, he missed the whole coaching change! I had to catch him up on everything from the Vanderbilt game to the Chizik firing, Malzahn hiring. When I told him that Ellis Johnson was their new DC, he smiled and said something about that being to their advantage because he once coached at Bama. If they are not the most fair weathered fan base out there, then I don't know who is.
    That's almost impossible to believe (not you) that he didn't know this. Guy must not have cable t.v. or the internet on the farm.

  9. #47
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Spring Hill, TN
    Posts
    678
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    I love that they hate us!!

  10. #48
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,686
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    I have new students moving into my class today due to the new semester. I asked them all to stand up one at a time and say their name and something interesting about themselves. I had a 10th grade boy standup and say, "My name is Henry and I love everything Auburn!"

    I just looked at him and said, "You mean you love losing, Roll Tide."

    Needless to say he wasn't very happy...

  11. #49
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,549
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon[QUOTE
    But now they are also turning to their new found hope of the Gus Bus. Have heard more than one Barner say lately that they believe this is the "best staff in college football."
    what he means is that they have the best recruiting staff money can buy.

  12. #50
    BamaNation All-SEC bamamc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haleyville, AL
    Posts
    1,031
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Ole' Gus really scares me. They were 16-10 without $cam Knewton when he was there and I don't see any of those on their roster right now. Gus is their Shula to get them through the impending NCAA trouble.

  13. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,657
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    Ole' Gus really scares me. They were 16-10 without $cam Knewton when he was there and I don't see any of those on their roster right now. Gus is their Shula to get them through the impending NCAA trouble.
    He won't last through it, IMO. If (a big IF, in light of Scamgate) they get just desserts for what they did, it will be a min of 4 years probation/scholly reductions, and EJ doesn't have the chops to coach up no-stars into 4-stars. Nope, GM is 2 - 3 and done, gonna find him a gig out west where he can run his high school offense to his hearts content, and won't have to deal with SEC defenses. SNASS
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

  14. #52
    BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Urbana, Illinois
    Posts
    474

    Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

    I'm married to one, and all she said to me the next day was "Well, congratulations". She was not happy.
    Last edited by Alabama22; January 14th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!