Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Re: An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    The barn lies in ruins and I couldn't be happier. I just spoke to one the other day who said that he felt that they still had the better coach. That alone made me laugh, but that wasn't even the best part. Naturally, I thought he was talking about Malzahn, so I replied "well, he did okay in his one and only season in the Sun Belt, so you may want to hold up for a moment and see how he does as a HC in the most powerful conference in college football before you make that declaration". This "huge auburn fan" who went to the barn-Oregon title game in 2010 did not know what I was talking about! He said "wait, what do you mean Sun Belt?", "next season will be Chizik's 5th at auburn, I know he has had a rough couple of years since winning the title, but he and his staff are on the verge of turning it around". This guy did not know that Chizik was gone and Malzahn was their new head coach! I asked him how in the world could he not know that and what he said next actually surprised me a it. This "fan" stopped following them so early on in the season, he missed the whole coaching change! I had to catch him up on everything from the Vanderbilt game to the Chizik firing, Malzahn hiring. When I told him that Ellis Johnson was their new DC, he smiled and said something about that being to their advantage because he once coached at Bama. If they are not the most fair weathered fan base out there, then I don't know who is.
    Does this AU fan live in China?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I have new students moving into my class today due to the new semester. I asked them all to stand up one at a time and say their name and something interesting about themselves. I had a 10th grade boy standup and say, "My name is Henry and I love everything Auburn!"

I just looked at him and said, "You mean you love losing, Roll Tide."

Needless to say he wasn't very happy...
    gotta at least give him props for saluting while he goes down with the ship.

BamaNation All-American

think of what you would feel like if the last 4 years were reversed...then multiply it by about 10...that's how bad it has to be for a lot of auburn fans right now. and i'd suspect that many vols are not much happier.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    think of what you would feel like if the last 4 years were reversed...then multiply it by about 10...that's how bad it has to be for a lot of auburn fans right now. and i'd suspect that many vols are not much happier.
    You are correct. I could never in my life imagine being an AU fan, especially right now. Their jealousy and hatred for Alabama football is absolutely over the top.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

What happens if at the end of the run other coaches have to hoist the Nick Saban Coaches Trophy?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My son-in-law has never been one to post much on Facebook, but since the night of the NC game, he has made 4 posts...all of them related to Bama in some way. He even has a newborn daughter, and he has posted more about Bama than he has her. Actually, the only post he has made about her was that their son was excited about meeting his baby sister. Four posts about Bama...one post about his new child. Something about that just seems wrong to me.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

8. January 15th, 2013, 07:56 PM

Reason
    No personal attacks, please...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    Four posts about Bama...one post about his new child. Something about that just seems wrong to me.
    I agree. The proper Bama-to-baby ratio should be 10:1.

10. January 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM