An extra perk from last nights game, the boogs are now living in a virtual

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Barners are miserable right now for sure. Their first hope is that CNS just gets tired of winning BCS championships and wants to go to the lake to watch the ducks.

But now they are also turning to their new found hope of the Gus Bus. Have heard more than one Barner say lately that they believe this is the "best staff in college football."

Think about that...this staff hasn't won one game and they are already the "best."

I think I'll take CNS and the staff that he pieces together each year after his assistants run off to a promotion somewhere.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The barn lies in ruins and I couldn't be happier. I just spoke to one the other day who said that he felt that they still had the better coach. That alone made me laugh, but that wasn't even the best part. Naturally, I thought he was talking about Malzahn, so I replied "well, he did okay in his one and only season in the Sun Belt, so you may want to hold up for a moment and see how he does as a HC in the most powerful conference in college football before you make that declaration". This "huge auburn fan" who went to the barn-Oregon title game in 2010 did not know what I was talking about! He said "wait, what do you mean Sun Belt?", "next season will be Chizik's 5th at auburn, I know he has had a rough couple of years since winning the title, but he and his staff are on the verge of turning it around". This guy did not know that Chizik was gone and Malzahn was their new head coach! I asked him how in the world could he not know that and what he said next actually surprised me a it. This "fan" stopped following them so early on in the season, he missed the whole coaching change! I had to catch him up on everything from the Vanderbilt game to the Chizik firing, Malzahn hiring. When I told him that Ellis Johnson was their new DC, he smiled and said something about that being to their advantage because he once coached at Bama. :rofl: If they are not the most fair weathered fan base out there, then I don't know who is.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The Barners are miserable right now for sure. Their first hope is that CNS just gets tired of winning BCS championships and wants to go to the lake to watch the ducks.

But now they are also turning to their new found hope of the Gus Bus. Have heard more than one Barner say lately that they believe this is the "best staff in college football."

Think about that...this staff hasn't won one game and they are already the "best."

I think I'll take CNS and the staff that he pieces together each year after his assistants run off to a promotion somewhere.
Funny how they were so quiet all during the actual season, yet now that it is the off season, they want to chest beat again.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The barn lies in ruins and I couldn't be happier. I just spoke to one the other day who said that he felt that they still had the better coach. That alone made me laugh, but that wasn't even the best part. Naturally, I thought he was talking about Malzahn, so I replied "well, he did okay in his one and only season in the Sun Belt, so you may want to hold up for a moment and see how he does as a HC in the most powerful conference in college football before you make that declaration". This "huge auburn fan" who went to the barn-Oregon title game in 2010 did not know what I was talking about! He said "wait, what do you mean Sun Belt?", "next season will be Chizik's 5th at auburn, I know he has had a rough couple of years since winning the title, but he and his staff are on the verge of turning it around". This guy did not know that Chizik was gone and Malzahn was their new head coach! I asked him how in the world could he not know that and what he said next actually surprised me a it. This "fan" stopped following them so early on in the season, he missed the whole coaching change! I had to catch him up on everything from the Vanderbilt game to the Chizik firing, Malzahn hiring. When I told him that Ellis Johnson was their new DC, he smiled and said something about that being to their advantage because he once coached at Bama. :rofl: If they are not the most fair weathered fan base out there, then I don't know who is.
That's almost impossible to believe (not you) that he didn't know this. Guy must not have cable t.v. or the internet on the farm.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I have new students moving into my class today due to the new semester. I asked them all to stand up one at a time and say their name and something interesting about themselves. I had a 10th grade boy standup and say, "My name is Henry and I love everything Auburn!"

I just looked at him and said, "You mean you love losing, Roll Tide."

Needless to say he wasn't very happy...:biggrin:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
BamaMoon[QUOTE said:
what he means is that they have the best recruiting staff money can buy.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Ole' Gus really scares me. They were 16-10 without $cam Knewton when he was there and I don't see any of those on their roster right now. Gus is their Shula to get them through the impending NCAA trouble.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ole' Gus really scares me. They were 16-10 without $cam Knewton when he was there and I don't see any of those on their roster right now. Gus is their Shula to get them through the impending NCAA trouble.
He won't last through it, IMO. If (a big IF, in light of Scamgate) they get just desserts for what they did, it will be a min of 4 years probation/scholly reductions, and EJ doesn't have the chops to coach up no-stars into 4-stars. Nope, GM is 2 - 3 and done, gonna find him a gig out west where he can run his high school offense to his hearts content, and won't have to deal with SEC defenses. SNASS

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I'm married to one, and all she said to me the next day was "Well, congratulations". She was not happy. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Does this AU fan live in China? :conf2:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I have new students moving into my class today due to the new semester. I asked them all to stand up one at a time and say their name and something interesting about themselves. I had a 10th grade boy standup and say, "My name is Henry and I love everything Auburn!"

I just looked at him and said, "You mean you love losing, Roll Tide."

Needless to say he wasn't very happy...:biggrin:
gotta at least give him props for saluting while he goes down with the ship.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
think of what you would feel like if the last 4 years were reversed...then multiply it by about 10...that's how bad it has to be for a lot of auburn fans right now. and i'd suspect that many vols are not much happier.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
think of what you would feel like if the last 4 years were reversed...then multiply it by about 10...that's how bad it has to be for a lot of auburn fans right now. and i'd suspect that many vols are not much happier.
You are correct. I could never in my life imagine being an AU fan, especially right now. Their jealousy and hatred for Alabama football is absolutely over the top.

tmv85

All-SEC
My son-in-law has never been one to post much on Facebook, but since the night of the NC game, he has made 4 posts...all of them related to Bama in some way. He even has a newborn daughter, and he has posted more about Bama than he has her. Actually, the only post he has made about her was that their son was excited about meeting his baby sister. Four posts about Bama...one post about his new child. Something about that just seems wrong to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.