Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Could not believe the words that were coming out of his mouth (Coach Kelly)

I was completely stunned at his halftime comments. I have never heard a head coach say the only thing that would help is if Alabama doesn't come out of the locker room. Usually get coach speak on tackling, need to get the offense going and stop the run, but he gave us this GEM that I assure you should get tons of play. I just can't believe it. What would his top recruits and their parents think after hearing this? Unbelievable.

Kelly's halftime interview below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kNTS9z3qycc

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Could not believe the words that were coming out of his mouth (Coach Kelly)

Brian Kelly, inspirational speaker.

I was literally laughing aloud at that last night - never in all my years have I heard a coach say, in essence, that the only chance they had to win was for the other team to not come out after half time. Unreal.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I would show that snippet to every recruit. Thanks coach!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Brian Kelly, inspirational speaker.

I was literally laughing aloud at that last night - never in all my years have I heard a coach say, in essence, that the only chance they had to win was for the other team to not come out after half time. Unreal.
    My jaw dropped...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't believe it either, but it was very true.

Also, I thought poor old Lou Holtz was going to have a stroke on live TV last night.
    Last edited by Dallas4Bama; January 8th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hate I missed that, I had muted it because my wife called her dad when the first half ended.

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

As the Bible says..."The Truth will set you free".....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideRush View Post
    I was completely stunned at his halftime comments. I have never heard a head coach say the only thing that would help is if Alabama doesn't come out of the locker room. Usually get coach speak on tackling, need to get the offense going and stop the run, but he gave us this GEM that I assure you should get tons of play. I just can't believe it. What would his top recruits and their parents think after hearing this? Unbelievable.
    He was being truthful, wasn't he?
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Clearly brian Kelly needs a lesson from joe kines.

http://youtu.be/tkNT28g6YBU
    Last edited by CraigD; January 8th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I thought of Les Miles when I heard it.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Could not believe the words that were coming out of his mouth (Coach Kelly)

I found it refreshingly honest.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm not shocked in the least..He was showing major symptons of being "Processed"..And he got "Processed" hard..Bad thing is the fact I like him..Just don't like the school he coaches at right now..

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I came away from this game with less hatred of ND than before. Maybe because Bama won and exorcised some demons. Maybe because their coach and players showed class pretty much at all times.