Could not believe the words that were coming out of his mouth (Coach Kelly)

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
I was completely stunned at his halftime comments. I have never heard a head coach say the only thing that would help is if Alabama doesn't come out of the locker room. Usually get coach speak on tackling, need to get the offense going and stop the run, but he gave us this GEM that I assure you should get tons of play. I just can't believe it. What would his top recruits and their parents think after hearing this? Unbelievable.

Kelly's halftime interview below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kNTS9z3qycc
Hey he spoke the truth, i hate notre damn with a passion, but i think Brian Kelly is a class act, and a good coach.

RTR:biga2:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. They asked him what he thought and he told them the truth and he called it like he seen it. They looked un-inspired so he dang sure wasn't going to give them props for that horrible first half...

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Interesting. I thought I heard "And I don't know why." I'll listen carefully. However, I'd offer up to him that they weren't used to our speed and, as a consequence, they were taking bad angles...
During the game, my wife said maybe Notre Dame should have paid an SEC team to come up and scrimmage to get a dose of that SEC speed.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Louie looked like someone gave him a setative or something. I taped the post game coverage because I went to sleep. Poor old Louie looked like a deer in head lights.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
after i laughed, i thought that maybe he meant it in a figurative way. like maybe he hoped Alabama would come out a little flat in the second half?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Was initially shocked! Looked at my Wife and Son and we just collectively shook our heads and smiled. Discussed with some co-workers yesterday. All had the same response. How can a NCG caliber coach (insert comment here) say something like that then go in the locker room and motivate the team to compete? Completely puzzled and at awe over that one. Still.

RTR!!!

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Honesty does not require full disclosure at a half time interview. Kelly made a mistake or he was speaking figuratively, as the poster above noted, that maybe Bama comes back flat for the second half.

I wonder what his players and their parents thought of Kelly's comments.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
IMO, he just was being truthful. Seems like a classy guy. Should he have saved those comments for post game? RTR

Maybe to him, it was already Post Game! We had already scored enough points to win the game.

The whole team just looked defeated. Every time they showed T'ao he looked saddened like he believed all the hype and couldn't believe a team was doing this to ND.

CLINT

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would think the ND coaching staff would have watched enough film to know what they were dealing with.
but as all of the pundits told us most of november and december the film (as long as you were very selective in what film you looked at) showed that bama had been exposed.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I came away from this game with less hatred of ND than before. Maybe because Bama won and exorcised some demons. Maybe because their coach and players showed class pretty much at all times.
This is true--all of the players seem like class acts.

My wife and I were both stunned at Kelly's remarks. They sounded like after-game remarks, not halftime remarks.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Espn u is airing the replay now, Bama up 14 to 0 late in the 1st qtr. Maybe the Irish score a 1st half TD and their HC has a different answer!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.