BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Can we get some love for Anthony Steen?

We have a great offensive line, no doubt. But every time they are mentioned, folks bring up the three All-Americans and point to Cyrus as the talented youngster. No one ever mentions Steen. He has been solid for 2 straight years and will be back next year to anchor one of the guard spots.

He is vastly under appreciated, in my opinion.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Can we get some love for Anthony Steen?

Quote Originally Posted by tidefanbeezer View Post
    We have a great offensive line, no doubt. But every time they are mentioned, folks bring up the three All-Americans and point to Cyrus as the talented youngster. No one ever mentions Steen. He has been solid for 2 straight years and will be back next year to anchor one of the guard spots.

He is vastly under appreciated, in my opinion.
    Dude is a road grader..I have a feeling he'll get the recognition he deserves next year..

I'll give a shout out to Steen; I appreciate his effort. I also liked how in pregame he motioned for the camera to get out of their way while they were warming up. The camera immediately backed off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

In the virtual sense, yes. Seriously, he is underappreciated.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

Three cheers for Steen, thanks for what you have done for the college.
    Jason Ledhas

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

He is appreciated and likewise his time in the limelight will come. I think the upper classmen rightfully deserve the majority of attention that they are receiving.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Quote Originally Posted by TideWatcher View Post
    I'll give a shout out to Steen; I appreciate his effort. I also liked how in pregame he motioned for the camera to get out of their way while they were warming up. The camera immediately backed off.
    i noticed that too. i was really impressed.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Anthony Steen will/should get due attention next season. He is a bull and really gets off the ball good. Never quits on a play. RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Anthony Steen ain't getting enough love, uh? Boy needs to walk down Sorority Row a little more often to meet him a young lady to hold his hand.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Can we get some love for Anthony Steen?

Quote Originally Posted by TideWatcher View Post
    I saw that - not a big thing but points in the right directiom. Unless big Fluke comes back we are going to need someone to step up and become a leader in that group next year. Pretty much has to be Steen or CyKo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team

I heard plenty of kudos for both guards all season, but I'll definitely say Three Cheers for Steen! He'd get better attention if his belly stuck out of his jersey more.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Steen's a stud who gets no recognition, thankfully I don't think he really minds the fact he is unheralded.

He really has improved, I remember a certain game in 2010 when I was not too happy with him. The few times they show him blocking on replays he is just crushing people. I think it was most evident in the Michigan game.

Is this really about Charlie Sheen?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus