Can we get some love for Anthony Steen?

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
We have a great offensive line, no doubt. But every time they are mentioned, folks bring up the three All-Americans and point to Cyrus as the talented youngster. No one ever mentions Steen. He has been solid for 2 straight years and will be back next year to anchor one of the guard spots.

He is vastly under appreciated, in my opinion.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We have a great offensive line, no doubt. But every time they are mentioned, folks bring up the three All-Americans and point to Cyrus as the talented youngster. No one ever mentions Steen. He has been solid for 2 straight years and will be back next year to anchor one of the guard spots.

He is vastly under appreciated, in my opinion.
Dude is a road grader..I have a feeling he'll get the recognition he deserves next year..

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I'll give a shout out to Steen; I appreciate his effort. I also liked how in pregame he motioned for the camera to get out of their way while they were warming up. The camera immediately backed off.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
He is appreciated and likewise his time in the limelight will come. I think the upper classmen rightfully deserve the majority of attention that they are receiving.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Anthony Steen will/should get due attention next season. He is a bull and really gets off the ball good. Never quits on a play. RTR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anthony Steen ain't getting enough love, uh? Boy needs to walk down Sorority Row a little more often to meet him a young lady to hold his hand. :wink:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I'll give a shout out to Steen; I appreciate his effort. I also liked how in pregame he motioned for the camera to get out of their way while they were warming up. The camera immediately backed off.
I saw that - not a big thing but points in the right directiom. Unless big Fluke comes back we are going to need someone to step up and become a leader in that group next year. Pretty much has to be Steen or CyKo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I heard plenty of kudos for both guards all season, but I'll definitely say Three Cheers for Steen! He'd get better attention if his belly stuck out of his jersey more.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Steen's a stud who gets no recognition, thankfully I don't think he really minds the fact he is unheralded.

He really has improved, I remember a certain game in 2010 when I was not too happy with him. The few times they show him blocking on replays he is just crushing people. I think it was most evident in the Michigan game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.