Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TJ Yeldon

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

I don't know who is happier right now about your switch to Bama... you or me? Roll Tide!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: TJ Yeldon

If he keeps going the way he has this year he may end up being the best back in Bama history

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

He really looked like a skilled veteran the whole season.

BamaNation Second Team smohabbat's Avatar

I thought Yeldon shouldve started all season after the Michigan game since Lacy seemed to be around 85-90% early in the season. I gladly ate a large helping of crow watching Lacy run these past 4 games. truly amazed me, his spin move is jaw dropping considering his size. no way Lacy is only 220.

onto Yeldon, just thinking he should be starting is a huge compliment. Yeldon will be very very special, heres to hoping he stays healthy and becomes a leader for us.
    Alabama Crimson Tide

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    He really looked like a skilled veteran the whole season.
    He acts like a skilled veteran just watch him after he scores, just doing my job. Gonna be fun to watch next year!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    He acts like a skilled veteran just watch him after he scores, just doing my job. Gonna be fun to watch next year!
    Yes sir! I see what people said about him. I didn't go to A day last year and I saw what I missed in the Michigan game. Boy am I glad he didn't go inside that Barn!

i have been amazed by how low key and humble he is. just gets up after the play and goes back to the huddle again.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team

When Yeldon runs with the ball he reminds me of Frozone from "The Incredibles". He glides like he is skating and seems to slip away from tackles. Really uncanny.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Yeah, he acts more like a five year NFL veteran. Unbelievably mature for his age. If he stays healthy he may break every rushing record we've ever had.

He's amazingly developed, a truly natural runner, and his patience is truly amazing for someone so 'young'.

Some comparative freshman numbers for perspective:
    Code:
                        att     yds     avg     TDs    rec   yds   avg     TDs  
    Mark Ingram:        143     728     5.1     12     7     54     7.7     0
    Trent Richardson:   145     751     5.2     8      16    126    7.9     0
    Eddie Lacy:         56      406     7.3     6      2     18     9.0     0
    TJ Yeldon:          175     1108    6.3     12     11    131    11.9    1
    An embarrassment of riches, indeed!
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    He's amazingly developed, a truly natural runner, and his patience is truly amazing for someone so 'young'.

Some comparative freshman numbers for perspective:
    Code:
                        att     yds     avg     TDs    rec   yds   avg     TDs  
    Mark Ingram:        143     728     5.1     12     7     54     7.7     0
    Trent Richardson:   145     751     5.2     8      16    126    7.9     0
    Eddie Lacy:         56      406     7.3     6      2     18     9.0     0
    TJ Yeldon:          175     1108    6.3     12     11    131    11.9    1
    An embarrassment of riches, indeed!

Imagine if he was the featured running back. He probably would have gone over 2,000 yards as a freshman, which is totally beyond imagination.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i have been amazed by how low key and humble he is. just gets up after the play and goes back to the huddle again.
    I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Imagine if he was the featured running back. He probably would have gone over 2,000 yards as a freshman, which is totally beyond imagination.
    We will get to see it next year, as a true sophomore. I can't imagine that Eddie will be returning.