Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TJ Yeldon

Re: TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals.
    Indeed, but his YPC average is a good bit better than both MI's and TR's as FR (24% better than MI, 21% better than TR).

Not comparing backs, just emphasizing that TJ is a special talent.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.
    well, he was very low key in the BCSCG. also UGA is known for being trash talking punks after they get bulldozed on defense, go watch all of the smack they talked to Georgia Southern when they were getting gashed by the triple option in the first half of their game.

and his numbers are his numbers. a freshman #2 running back getting over 1000 on the season in any situation/circumstance is pretty special.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Joe View Post
    When Yeldon runs with the ball he reminds me of Frozone from "The Incredibles". He glides like he is skating and seems to slip away from tackles. Really uncanny.
    Reminds me of Gayle Sayers....and thats a huge compliment.

And its just so impressive that he doesnt celebrate after he scores...he knows he'll be back...
    became one of my favorite players after one game...impressive doesnt say enough about him to me.

BamaNation All-SEC luvthat_TIDE's Avatar

He is a special running back. May go down as best in Bama's history
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American

i agree that he's great, but one area he needs to work on is lower leg strength. he gets tripped up too easily at times...reminds me a bit of dennis riddle in that respect. that said, he's incredible.

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

You're reaching. He has incredible balance and alot like Trent, never seems to lose yards.

This guy is a stud and if things continue as is with his health and progression, another RB drafted in the top 15 from our UA.

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i agree that he's great, but one area he needs to work on is lower leg strength. he gets tripped up too easily at times...reminds me a bit of dennis riddle in that respect. that said, he's incredible.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    teo tried tripping him a few times, didn't work out too well
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Third Team

I really like the way Yeldon uses his free hand to break or avoid tackles. One thing he does is sort of like a stiff arm, but more like a swiping or pulling motion. Against Georgia, on 3rd and 5 right before AJ's game winning pass to Cooper, he did this sort of move to get away from Shawn Williams and get the first down. I was so confused when I first saw it because Yeldon almost wraps his arm around the defender like he's picking his pocket or hugging him. Then he kind of rotates and pushes away from him. The guy's got some great moves.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Imagine if he was the featured running back. He probably would have gone over 2,000 yards as a freshman, which is totally beyond imagination.
    IMO "IF" we ever see a 2000 yard back at Bama in this era it will include post season games once the playoff system begins. With the offensive style CNS has installed and continues to employ a feature back system will not be used. Fresh legs going into the second half will always be a priority over stat padding. And I'm good with that. I'm sure the staff and team are as well considering the results so far.

RTR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewy26 View Post
    We will get to see it next year, as a true sophomore. I can't imagine that Eddie will be returning.
    Lacy has already been saying that he's leaving. It's the only decision that makes any sense for him, given the short career of NFL backs, and he's referenced that in remarks. I'm sure Saban would advise him to go...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Lacy has already been saying that he's leaving. It's the only decision that makes any sense for him, given the short career of NFL backs, and he's referenced that in remarks. I'm sure Saban would advise him to go...
    Really, this is similar to Mark leaving. There's so much talent behind Eddie that Bama benefits from him leaving. Otherwise, some of the younger guys won't stay.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I've been thinking EL might have a longer NFL career than MI or TR since he's so good at avoiding the direct hits that MI and TR seems to relish. Avoiding that physical abuse - all things being equal - means a longer career. EL doesn't shy away from contact when he needs it, but he's SO good at taking glancing blows instead of direct hits.

And yah, he needs to go ahead and move on - LOVE having him here but he's done plenty for us! Too risky for him to come back, imo.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    You're reaching. He has incredible balance and alot like Trent, never seems to lose yards.

This guy is a stud and if things continue as is with his health and progression, another RB drafted in the top 15 from our UA.
    reaching for what? i've seen him get trip-tackled a whole bunch of times this season. are we to assume he's so awesome and flawless that he has no room for improvement?