Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TJ Yeldon

Re: TJ Yeldon

Reaching for a flaw and no, everyone on the planet has room for improvement. What I am saying his he has some of the best footwork and lower body strength for any RB in the NCAA. Watch some of the plays where just pushes 3-4 Notre Dame players and the ref has to blow the whistle to stop the play. All players are going to get tripped, when someone grabs one of your legs its kind of hard to keep running, he is not a flamingo.

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    reaching for what? i've seen him get trip-tackled a whole bunch of times this season. are we to assume he's so awesome and flawless that he has no room for improvement?
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

reaching for what? i've seen him get trip-tackled a whole bunch of times this season. are we to assume he's so awesome and flawless that he has no room for improvement?
    Overcoming inertia has little to with power. Sure sometimes you can power through the arm if you happen to have a foot on the ground at the time. Good coordination can help you recover from a trip type tackle where your upper body is moving faster than your lower body, but that depends on how fast you are going. Sure he has room for improvement. I love the drill the running backs use to help with balance and ball security where the coach basically tells them to lose their balance and recover.

Yes I believe you are reaching.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.
    There was one play in the champ game where a UGA defender wouldn't let go of his leg and Yeldon popped up and got in his face. It was Steen that grabbed him. Maybe we are talking about different plays but that one to me seemed to be started by the UGA player. Outside of that incident I've never seen him do anything but get back up and walk to the huddle. He usually has that pacifier in so I don't know how he would talk trash.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by mittman View Post
    Overcoming inertia has little to with power. Sure sometimes you can power through the arm if you happen to have a foot on the ground at the time. Good coordination can help you recover from a trip type tackle where your upper body is moving faster than your lower body, but that depends on how fast you are going. Sure he has room for improvement. I love the drill the running backs use to help with balance and ball security where the coach basically tells them to lose their balance and recover.

Yes I believe you are reaching.
    well, i'm no physicist or kineseologist so maybe i should have said work on his balance or whatever rather than strength. is it any more of a reach to say this than to say he looks like gale sayers? good grief...getting nit-picked about supposedly nit-picking. i'm out.

I don't think anyone was attacking you, just saying the flaw you pointed seems to be one of his strengths. His only flaw I see is he maintains his short strides when he hits the open field. RB's are taught to take short steps and have a wide base when between the tackles, which he does, but he continues that when he is outside and really slows himself down, IMO.

well, i'm no physicist or kineseologist so maybe i should have said work on his balance or whatever rather than strength. is it any more of a reach to say this than to say he looks like gale sayers? good grief...getting nit-picked about supposedly nit-picking. i'm out.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Yeldon has the second effort of j musso. Its fun to watch. He's bigger and faster. He's right there with musso when it comes to effort and heart. Thats what makes both great players. The stuff you cant measure.

No doubt in my mind TJ is the next Adrian Peterson. His feet never touch the turf. Poetry in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    There was one play in the champ game where a UGA defender wouldn't let go of his leg and Yeldon popped up and got in his face. It was Steen that grabbed him. Maybe we are talking about different plays but that one to me seemed to be started by the UGA player. Outside of that incident I've never seen him do anything but get back up and walk to the huddle. He usually has that pacifier in so I don't know how he would talk trash.
    if there is an altercation/extra curricular activity going on and it involves a UGA player, you can be 99% sure that it was started by a UGA player
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    I don't think anyone was attacking you, just saying the flaw you pointed seems to be one of his strengths. His only flaw I see is he maintains his short strides when he hits the open field. RB's are taught to take short steps and have a wide base when between the tackles, which he does, but he continues that when he is outside and really slows himself down, IMO.
    imagine how much he is going to learn/improve over the spring and summer with a year of experience and training behind him. its almost unfair

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    No doubt in my mind TJ is the next Adrian Peterson. His feet never touch the turf. Poetry in motion.

That's who he reminds me of. Almost a clone build wise.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    teo tried tripping him a few times, didn't work out too well
    I looked at the game the other day. Those arm tackles were ran through like they were nothing! Bama was punishing them severely!
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I looked at the game the other day. Those arm tackles were ran through like they were nothing! Bama was punishing them severely!
    i watched the replay last night and there were so many awesome shots of sad notre dame players getting up after being bulldozed, juked, attempted arm tackles

-Bertrand Russell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

He's a great, young RB. He has the most odd, or maybe "unique" is a better word, running style that I've ever seen. He always falls forward, which is great. I can't wait to watch him for two more years.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.