TJ Yeldon

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
No doubt in my mind TJ is the next Adrian Peterson. His feet never touch the turf. Poetry in motion.
I dont know if we will ever see another Adrian Peterson especially from a strength standoint. But the measurables in height and weight are very similar. the bar is set high at Bama for RB's. Which is why i think he should and will get stronger.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And when there were good tackles, they were getting thrown off like old clothes. I mean, they were wrapping up and still got thrown by the wayside.

i remember one really good one by lacy early in the game where he threw the guy down. you could hear the respect from herbie. i remember herbie harping about how many missed tackles there were and harping on ND when watching the game live, but i didn't realize until the replay, he was doing that early in the second drive.

in terms of sheer domination, the first half of monday night rivaled the first half of the blackout in athens. about as close as i can imagine to football perfection.

i remember one really good one by lacy early in the game where he threw the guy down. you could hear the respect from herbie. i remember herbie harping about how many missed tackles there were and harping on ND when watching the game live, but i didn't realize until the replay, he was doing that early in the second drive.

in terms of sheer domination, the first half of monday night rivaled the first half of the blackout in athens. about as close as i can imagine to football perfection.
I'm gonna miss Lacy. Loved him even when he was a fumble machine. That cat came a long way. Just the sheer power he had and then the circle button, you had to love it. Now though we may have someone in Yeldon who may be better than them all. That's saying a lot.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I enjoy the hatred the ITAT crowd has for Yeldon... :D
I know he has room & will improve, which makes it really scary for opponents next year.

But I have NEVER seen a Freshman like this kid. I also think next year you will see a little mean streak come out just like Lacy did.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I thought T.J. was going to be a good 'un when he decommitted from the Barn and then became an early enrollee at Alabama. Good head on his shoulders I thought. Beginning with the Michigan game, I could imagine the Barners throthing at the mouth as TJ glided across the playing surface. Glide is the only way I can describe TJ's running motion. It is just that smooth. Stay heatlhy and keep glidin'

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Maybe I was so use to Mark and Trent not fumbling then.
Trent had seven fumbles in his three years (two in '09, four in '10, one in '11). Ingram had three (one in each season).

Just saying, unless there were a bunch this year I'm not recalling, EL was pretty solid holding on to the ball. Fumble machine seems unrealistic.

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL
I've been thinking EL might have a longer NFL career than MI or TR since he's so good at avoiding the direct hits that MI and TR seems to relish. Avoiding that physical abuse - all things being equal - means a longer career. EL doesn't shy away from contact when he needs it, but he's SO good at taking glancing blows instead of direct hits.

And yah, he needs to go ahead and move on - LOVE having him here but he's done plenty for us! Too risky for him to come back, imo.
I could not agree more. Speficaly I think about his turf toe situation, I understand that is healed. I would hate to see EL not be able to have the best shot possible in the Pros because he stayed at Bama when he didnt have to(Hard to make that sound respectful I think). Super impressed with EL though.

Trent had seven fumbles in his three years (two in '09, four in '10, one in '11). Ingram had three (one in each season).

Just saying, unless there were a bunch this year I'm not recalling, EL was pretty solid holding on to the ball. Fumble machine seems unrealistic.
You're right. I went back and looked. I just remember 2010 him fumbling a few times.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
T.J Yeldon reminds me of Adrian Peterson, that build but that speed too! NFL scouts are probably drooling over him right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.