Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TJ Yeldon

Re: TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    I don't know, I've noticed a few times where an OL grabbed him and pulled him back to the huddle to stop him from talking trash. One in particular that comes to mind in in the SECCG when we were plowing UGA's D with the running game. He ripped a long one off and started to get in someone's face and Fluker grabbed him and turned him back to the huddle.

I'm very appreciative of Yeldon, but we also need to remember that he got a lot of carries that would have went to Fowler or Hart and would have cut into his yardage totals. No doubt he's a great back, but his numbers are also bred from the circumstances around him.
    I think I know the play you are referring to near the goal line. I think the reason Yeldon was going after the player was because he twisted his ankle while he was on the ground - it was a cheap shot and could have resulted in injury. IMO, T.J.'s response was very understandable. T.J. quickly composed himself when he was grabbed by Fluker. He seems like a great kid - very poised.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i watched the replay last night and there were so many awesome shots of sad notre dame players getting up after being bulldozed, juked, attempted arm tackles
    And when there were good tackles, they were getting thrown off like old clothes. I mean, they were wrapping up and still got thrown by the wayside.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post
    No doubt in my mind TJ is the next Adrian Peterson. His feet never touch the turf. Poetry in motion.
    I dont know if we will ever see another Adrian Peterson especially from a strength standoint. But the measurables in height and weight are very similar. the bar is set high at Bama for RB's. Which is why i think he should and will get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    And when there were good tackles, they were getting thrown off like old clothes. I mean, they were wrapping up and still got thrown by the wayside.

i remember one really good one by lacy early in the game where he threw the guy down. you could hear the respect from herbie. i remember herbie harping about how many missed tackles there were and harping on ND when watching the game live, but i didn't realize until the replay, he was doing that early in the second drive.

in terms of sheer domination, the first half of monday night rivaled the first half of the blackout in athens. about as close as i can imagine to football perfection.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

TJ Yeldon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i remember one really good one by lacy early in the game where he threw the guy down. you could hear the respect from herbie. i remember herbie harping about how many missed tackles there were and harping on ND when watching the game live, but i didn't realize until the replay, he was doing that early in the second drive.

in terms of sheer domination, the first half of monday night rivaled the first half of the blackout in athens. about as close as i can imagine to football perfection.
    I'm gonna miss Lacy. Loved him even when he was a fumble machine. That cat came a long way. Just the sheer power he had and then the circle button, you had to love it. Now though we may have someone in Yeldon who may be better than them all. That's saying a lot.
    ROLL TIDE!

I enjoy the hatred the ITAT crowd has for Yeldon...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I enjoy the hatred the ITAT crowd has for Yeldon...
    I know he has room & will improve, which makes it really scary for opponents next year.

But I have NEVER seen a Freshman like this kid. I also think next year you will see a little mean streak come out just like Lacy did.

I'm gonna miss Lacy. Loved him even when he was a fumble machine.
    How many did he have in 2012? He had three total in 2010 and 2011. I recall one this season.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    How many did he have in 2012? He had three total in 2010 and 2011. I recall one this season.
    thats an unproductive machine
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe I was so use to Mark and Trent not fumbling then.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I thought T.J. was going to be a good 'un when he decommitted from the Barn and then became an early enrollee at Alabama. Good head on his shoulders I thought. Beginning with the Michigan game, I could imagine the Barners throthing at the mouth as TJ glided across the playing surface. Glide is the only way I can describe TJ's running motion. It is just that smooth. Stay heatlhy and keep glidin'
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

Maybe I was so use to Mark and Trent not fumbling then.
    Trent had seven fumbles in his three years (two in '09, four in '10, one in '11). Ingram had three (one in each season).

Just saying, unless there were a bunch this year I'm not recalling, EL was pretty solid holding on to the ball. Fumble machine seems unrealistic.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

I've been thinking EL might have a longer NFL career than MI or TR since he's so good at avoiding the direct hits that MI and TR seems to relish. Avoiding that physical abuse - all things being equal - means a longer career. EL doesn't shy away from contact when he needs it, but he's SO good at taking glancing blows instead of direct hits.

And yah, he needs to go ahead and move on - LOVE having him here but he's done plenty for us! Too risky for him to come back, imo.
    I could not agree more. Speficaly I think about his turf toe situation, I understand that is healed. I would hate to see EL not be able to have the best shot possible in the Pros because he stayed at Bama when he didnt have to(Hard to make that sound respectful I think). Super impressed with EL though.
    Ezekiel 20:29
    Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name whereof is called Bamah unto this day.