2013 Recruiting: ***LB/DE Tim Williams commits to Bama***

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL
Re: DE Tim Williams Updates

Word on twitter that he committed to Bama.

Hunt Palmer@HuntPalmerBBI UHIGH DE Tim Williams tell me he's committed to Alabama. He added he doesn't plan to take any more visits. "I'm locked in to Alabama."

Hunt covers LSU sports and recruiting for Bayou Bengals Insider.com

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Word on twitter that he committed to Bama.

Hunt Palmer@HuntPalmerBBI UHIGH DE Tim Williams tell me he's committed to Alabama. He added he doesn't plan to take any more visits. "I'm locked in to Alabama."

Hunt covers LSU sports and recruiting for Bayou Bengals Insider.com
Well great! hope its true, saw bone say he said he had made his decision.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this one because this would be a really tough pull given that he is a Baton Rouge native, but for the time being things look about as optimistic as they reasonably can for the good guys.

FWIW, while he's listed as a weakside DE by a few recruiting services, we are recruiting him now as a linebacker, and not just exclusively as a Jack either. He'd have to add a good 50-60 pounds to be a legitimate candidate for us at DE in the 3-4, but it's possible I suppose. He's got the frame, but of course you never know how a kid will respond to adding that much weight.

IMO he's ahead of Matthew Thomas in the linebacker pecking order. Probably a definite take either way, though. I believe he is the top linebacker on our board, and that includes Reuben Foster.
He reminds me of Mingo at LSU. Updated confirmed to BAMA

Last edited:

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

High risk/High reward kid is a type that UA can take at this time and could very well make an excellent addition to this class. LB class with what UA has on campus now is getting insane.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Alabama has landed its 21st commitment in the class of 2013 this weekend with Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab linebacker Tim Williams committing to the Crimson Tide.

Tim Williams at University Lab

Williams is Alabama's second commitment from Lousiana in the 2013 class.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Williams gave his pledge to head coach Nick Saban while on his official visit to the Capstone.

"Coach Saban said he wanted me to go ahead and commit," said Williams. "It was the overall program and how they will utilize me on the field. I like the way they develop their players and the academic program."

DE Tim Williams Updates

Wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this one because this would be a really tough pull given that he is a Baton Rouge native, but for the time being things look about as optimistic as they reasonably can for the good guys.

FWIW, while he's listed as a weakside DE by a few recruiting services, we are recruiting him now as a linebacker, and not just exclusively as a Jack either. He'd have to add a good 50-60 pounds to be a legitimate candidate for us at DE in the 3-4, but it's possible I suppose. He's got the frame, but of course you never know how a kid will respond to adding that much weight.

IMO he's ahead of Matthew Thomas in the linebacker pecking order. Probably a definite take either way, though. I believe he is the top linebacker on our board, and that includes Reuben Foster.
That's big words if you think he's better than RF.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I don't read BET post to say he thinks TW is better than RF but that TW is higher on our board and that can also include the intangibles of him as a student athlete and representative of the university.

Either way, Roll Tide and welcome Tim Williams.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

His second choice, oddly, never was LSU it seems. Miami was next in line. Mom loved us, though, and it gave her s chance to see him play...

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Also, this past summer @ the Lsu camp he was 6'3" 227lbs and ran a 4.58 and had a 37-38" vertical to show is Athleticism

Andrew Bone
@AndrewJBone

Tim Williams told me that he measured 6-foot-4, 230-pounds this weekend during visit. In-depth story right

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I would think the news out of Miami would certainly firm up his choice of Alabama -- the investigation of Miami is complete and a letter from the NCAA listing their transgressions is due soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.