2013 Recruiting: ***LB/DE Tim Williams commits to Bama***

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Rumors had Wiliams committing this Friday (final four of Bama, LSU, FSU, Miami). He refuted those reports today, and says he is taking his four OV's.

This weekend he'll be in Tuscaloosa, LSU Jan. 8, FSU Jan. 25, and finally Miami on Feb. 1...

He is slender for a DE, so he is expected to have to add weight in college...which may bode well for us. In an interview I read (ESPN insider) he just sounded more apt to add the 10-15 pounds necessary to be an OLB in college. His ideal position is in a combo position where he can play with both his hand on the ground, and drop back in to coverage (Jack perhaps). The kid has some quickness to him, though, as he ran a 4.5 at Under Armour practices even though he's never had any real track training...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DE Tim Williams

He actually swapped the LSU and Miami visits (LSU was originally last). Miami, from all I gathered, was already in the drivers seat, so... I just hope this weekend goes well, and we'll see...

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

He actually swapped the LSU and Miami visits (LSU was originally last). Miami, from all I gathered, was already in the drivers seat, so... I just hope this weekend goes well, and we'll see...
Yes but it seemed that both UA and LSU were in a holding pattern waiting on some other recruits. With Walker gone it will be interesting if our staff makes a strong push this weekend on his OV.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

“Alabama has got to be the number one school for me right now. The only other school that I am really looking at is Miami, but my Mom would love for me to be at Alabama so she can come see me play since Alabama is only a few hours away. I think that there is a real strong chance that I could end up at Alabama.

“It will be really tough for Miami to beat Alabama, because Miami is 14 hours away from Baton Rouge and I know that my mom wouldn’t be able to come to my games. They would have to show me something pretty special to get me be that far away from my family for four years.”

Looks like Saban won the mother over this weekend. He says he plans on announcing next week after his OV to Miami next weekend. Williams looks to be taking Walker spot. It would be the 2nd year in a row UA took the top LA recruit out of the state.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]With the official to Miami set for next week, and Florida State tentatively after that, one would expect a decision from Williams to come closer to national signing day on February 6. But that’s not the case.

“The decision is going to come, probably this week,” he said. “Either before or after (the Miami official). It will be this week or the next. Maybe next Sunday when I’m coming back from Miami.

“It would have to show me how they can compete for a national championship. It will also be about playing time and all that. I can play both positions, but playing early isn’t going to be a big reason…”[/FONT]

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]With the official to Miami set for next week, and Florida State tentatively after that, one would expect a decision from Williams to come closer to national signing day on February 6. But that’s not the case.

“The decision is going to come, probably this week,” he said. “Either before or after (the Miami official). It will be this week or the next. Maybe next Sunday when I’m coming back from Miami.

“It would have to show me how they can compete for a national championship. It will also be about playing time and all that. I can play both positions, but playing early isn’t going to be a big reason…”[/FONT]
Maybe the NCAA sanctions will hit Miami this week, too....

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: DE Tim Williams Updates

I like the attitude of playing early isn't "a big reason" and he talks of winning titles. Each kid reacts to different things, but it sounds like what he is interested in is in our wheelhouse.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: DE Tim Williams Updates

Wouldn't get my hopes up too much on this one because this would be a really tough pull given that he is a Baton Rouge native, but for the time being things look about as optimistic as they reasonably can for the good guys.

FWIW, while he's listed as a weakside DE by a few recruiting services, we are recruiting him now as a linebacker, and not just exclusively as a Jack either. He'd have to add a good 50-60 pounds to be a legitimate candidate for us at DE in the 3-4, but it's possible I suppose. He's got the frame, but of course you never know how a kid will respond to adding that much weight.

IMO he's ahead of Matthew Thomas in the linebacker pecking order. Probably a definite take either way, though. I believe he is the top linebacker on our board, and that includes Reuben Foster.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.