Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Actually, they finished 8th if you carry it out more than two decimal places.

I tried to tell everyone that Notre Dame's vaunted defense hadn't faced anything at all like what they were going to face against us but they wouldn't listen. :)

Notre Dame's defense has stellar numbers through 12 games. After playing us, their defensive statistics were noticeably altered:

Notre Dame's Defensive Statistics
Before AlabamaAfter Alabama
CategoryRankValueRankValue
Total Defense5286.837305.46
Rushing Defense492.4211105.69
Passing Defense21194.4225199.77
Passing Efficiency Defense11105.4816111.36
Scoring Defense110.33212.77
Red Zone Defense163.64%868.42%

Like I said - Notre Dame's defense was vastly overrated coming into this game.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Did anyone notice in the 1st quarter of the game ESPN showed a shot in the press box of the ND DC while mentioning that he was a leading candidate for the Syracuse HC job? Then in the 3rd quarter, ESPN had a scroll across the bottom of the screen that Syracuse had named their own DC the new HC. Talking about your fortunes changing so quickly. :)

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
It's remarkable that ND's defense only gave up 10 TDs all year. Then Bama scored 6 in one game.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
It's remarkable that ND's defense only gave up 10 TDs all year. Then Bama scored 6 in one game.
Makes you wonder if we didn't run out of gas to an extent. We dominated teams early in the season and although we continued winning, with exception TAM, we looked much more beatable. In this game, we didn't make many mistakes.

On the Syracuse job, I trolled some of the ND forums, and prior to the game, Diaco was superior to any other coach on the field. The domers expected him to have his pick of jobs, not limited to Syracuse.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Makes you wonder if we didn't run out of gas to an extent. We dominated teams early in the season and although we continued winning, with exception TAM, we looked much more beatable. In this game, we didn't make many mistakes.
I don't think it was gas, I think we were banged up. The six weeks off greatly helped us.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Did anyone notice in the 1st quarter of the game ESPN showed a shot in the press box of the ND DC while mentioning that he was a leading candidate for the Syracuse HC job? Then in the 3rd quarter, ESPN had a scroll across the bottom of the screen that Syracuse had named their own DC the new HC. Talking about your fortunes changing so quickly. :)
Haha, I didn't pick up on that. Nice eye.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.