Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The "Stare Down" Was A Huge ND Pre-Game Mistake In My Opinion

It all reminded me of what Houston Nut said of Saban and Bama..."Alabama looks like Gladiators when they come on the field." ND just had a good look of it from the get go.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Notre Dame does that at every home game they play and have forever. It's part of their tradition.

I posted a clip from Rudy earlier. I know it was a movie but the part where they line up and stare down their opponent as they exit their locker room is identical to Monday night.
    Didn't work...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Didn't work...
    ya think?

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    #88 sure looked like he was getting ready for some fun as he passed ND's players.
    That was Josh Magee a WR from Hoover. I don't think it hit ND until they got to see Alabama up close that they were in for a long night.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

I thought they just shared the same tunnel as well. My impression at the time was that Bama was loose and ND was tight.
    to 16 and beyond........

My Mood
    Angry on TideFans.com

Amateur video from the tunnel... Notre Dame was chanting, hooting, and hollaring at our players - many of whom, by the way, heckled back or at least danced past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WViU3hSAzA

A little bit of dancing caught on the televised side,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhTFBax6wtU

Looks like fun.
    Last edited by AngryEwok; January 9th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    That and Manti Teo beating his chest like Tarzan as they were exiting the tunnel just came off as manufactured bravado to me. I'm glad we don't rely on cheap theatrics like that and do our talking on the field.
    Apparently he injured himself, because he was a major non-factor in the outcome of the game. We hardly heard his name called all night.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    I had a feeling the game was over as The Irish stood there looking at our Boys going out the Tunnel..It was obvious they were already "Processed"..They already had the look..

Does anyone have a video clip of the stare down..I've looked & haven't found it..I thought it was awesome..
    Enjoy the Tunnel from a different camera angle. Sounds like ND players are chanting defense--guess this was suppose to intimidate. AJ is one of the last players out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4WViU3hSAzA
    Last edited by Bama1985; January 9th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    while we can definitely be beat from time to time, bama is currently existing on another level than pretty much any other program in the country and its because of those little things. also, (at least i think) that is not something that coach told them to do. it is more the product of players buying into the system and figuring the right thing to do on their own (also see nico's comments after the game).
    Right now, there are 3 categories of football: college, pro, and a thin layer between the two occupied solely by Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    That was Josh Magee a WR from Hoover. I don't think it hit ND until they got to see Alabama up close that they were in for a long night.
    I watched both teams warm-up and remarked to my wife how intimidating we looked compared to them. Not that I was surprised at all. Only thing those poor domers could come up with after they saw us on the field the first time was some false bravado. Then nothing else left for them after they felt our first hits. Reminds me of what that idiot Fran said the first time he faced UT when he was at Bama, remarking how during team warm-ups he wanted those other players over there. About as stupid as Kelly saying what he did Monday about not showing up for the second half. Seeing those domer players penned back there in the tunnel makes me think of the poor souls about to go out to face the lions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I did notice this. I think it was for Coach Kelly to talk and get his photo taken with ex-ND greats like Theisman and other celebrities. I saw Kelly doing this and I was thinking to myself could you imagine coach Saban doing this before any game. I guess if your coach is star-struck and wide eyed your team will be too.
    Theismann is a good guy. I got to work with him last year on a project in Georgia. He respects Alabama football; he said that he knows Coach Saban. Told me that after he was fired from Monday nite football that he got offered the job to work color commentator on college football prime time games; decided not to accept it. Said initially he was going to play for Lou Holtz at NC State until Ara Parsighian and Notre Dame offered.

Dude, the stare down SCREWED US. You guys game out doing freaking jumping jacks, loose and ready to battle. We looked like deer in headlights.

I thought the stare down was absolutely moronic. It gave me a sick feeling from the start.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. In any case, our guys made the absolute most of it...
    That is what I was thinking. Bama seemed to enjoy taking their time coming out.