Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: The "Stare Down" Was A Huge ND Pre-Game Mistake In My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    They do it at every home game.
    I remember the Miami Hurricanes had a conflict with the Irish back in the late 80s near the tunnel at ND Stadium. I need to find a clip of that action.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    I remember the Miami Hurricanes had a conflict with the Irish back in the late 80s near the tunnel at ND Stadium. I need to find a clip of that action.
    Fast forward to 2:40. It's not great, but all they had back then. 1988.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Dude, the stare down SCREWED US. You guys game out doing freaking jumping jacks, loose and ready to battle. We looked like deer in headlights.

I thought the stare down was absolutely moronic. It gave me a sick feeling from the start.
    HAHA..Yeah your Boys definitely stirred up the hornets nest from the get-go with that stare down..Good luck next year..If Coach Kelly stays with y'all..I have a feeling we'll have a rematch in the future..

PS..As you can tell from this thread that we have a name for that "deer in the headlight" look..We call it "Processed"...

BamaNation First Team

Fast forward to 2:40. It's not great, but all they had back then. 1988.

Flash Back. That was the tunnel scene I was thinking about. A little more engaging back then. Ole Brent was a much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Flash Back. That was the tunnel scene I was thinking about. A little more engaging back then. Ole Brent was a much younger.
    Haha yeah. That's when, at halftime, Lou told our ND boys that if UM wanted to fight, to leave Jimmy Johnson for him.

Lou would have gotten killed.

Haha yeah. That's when, at halftime, Lou told our ND boys that if UM wanted to fight, to leave Jimmy Johnson for him.

One of my friends was a student at ND during Holtz's years. I had the opportunity to attend a few games in South Bend with my friend during those years - sat in the student section, attended the pep rallies, partied at the 'Backer, etc. Holtz seems like an idiot now, but he was a real motivator back then. I was a huge fan of his, even if I never liked the Irish.

Well, he did play LB at Kent ST. Of course, Saban played DB there. Both of them would do well to stay in their weight classes, though...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

I'm gonna miss watching big Jesse play in Crimson...one my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by im4datide View Post
    I just wish Jesse was wearing his war paint when he went past them!

BamaNation All-American lynyrd skynyrd's Avatar
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I guess it's a Notre Dame tradition to line up and kinda stare down their opponents as they exit their locker rooms.

They did it in "Rudy" and they did it Monday Night as we exited the tunnel.

I really think that was a bad bad move because I can't help but think that feeble attempt at intimidation accomplished one thing---It ticked our players off and pumped them up even more so than they already were.

Just an observation but I really thought it was dumb on their part.

sip
    They never have been very smart
    "Footballs only brutal when one sides hittin' and the other'n ain't". Clem Gryska UA asst. coach, 1973

I like the event staff trying not to laugh as the bama players streamed almost single file out of the locker room past the stare down.
    Last edited by BamaBriar; January 10th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

i completely agree with bama fossil...

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I thought you weren't suppose to see the face of your executioner?
    Hahaha, nice.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    As I watched that play out on TV I was thinking that the Alabama players looked HUGE, and ND players looked nervous. If they were trying to "stare down" the Alabama players, they failed.
    That was my thought exactly, It looked like a high school team compared to the Tide.
    BS 1989