Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Does Notre Dame recover from such an epic beat down.?

Beat downs like this from Bama put you at the fork in the road, like Tx. , they havent recovered yet.

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Does Notre Dame recover from such an epic beat down.?

The beat down is not ND's problem. IMO, they showed they still haven't closed the gap in athletic talent to compete on the big stage with SEC teams.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    The beat down is not ND's problem. IMO, they showed they still haven't closed the gap in athletic talent to compete on the big stage with SEC teams.
    Agree - the loss isn't their problem. They need more talent - lots more. 20+ years of poor recruiting will take a few more years to overcome, but Kelly is satrting to make a difference.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

I actually think Bryan Kelly is a much more strong willed coach than Mack Brown. He's also still in the process of building his program, unlike Mack Brown in 2009 at Texas. He isn't going to rest on laurels that aren't there.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Texas's problem is far different - it is Mack Brown but it's deeper than that. Despite what people say about us, and what we all say about Notre Dame, there is not a more entitled program out there than Texas. So entitled... yet they've accomplished little over the course of their history except to dominate the SWC. That's a mindset that runs very deep in that program. Mack Brown has done absolutely nothing to combat, in fact, he fell prey to it years ago. The Alabama loss may have broken Brown, but he would have been broken sooner or later anyway. His recruiting is lazy. His player development is lazy also.

Notre Dame, much as I hate it, will probably be fine if the early returns on Kelly's recruiting efforts are true.

Suspended

Kelly is a good coach and the brand is solid. They'll be good. Not sure if they'll make another title game soon.

My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Not sure if Texas is a good comparison. They didn't use the game to learn and grow.
    They would have won if Colt hadn't gone down.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Notre Dame, much as I hate it, will probably be fine if the early returns on Kelly's recruiting efforts are true.
    Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Kelly is a good coach and the brand is solid. They'll be good. Not sure if they'll make another title game soon.
    Basically agreed with these. I would predict another title game for them soon due to a good coach and an improving team coupled with inflated polls, etc., but the playoff scenarios may complicate that.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

BK is a great coach and ND basically recruits for itself. I think Kelly is smart enough to pick the right players for what he needs and ND, unfortunately, will not be going away anytime soon.

Texas is like the smoking hot girl that thinks just because she's hot that she doesn't need to be a decent person. Just throwing that out there.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama's defeat of Texas isn't why they haven't recovered since.

The reason Texas hasn't recovered is because Mack Brown is their head coach!

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    Beat downs like this from Bama put you at the fork in the road, like Tx. , they havent recovered yet.
    For teams that don't internalize the emotional effects they can come out okay by using it to determine what they need to do to get to that level. Kelly seemed to grasp that even in the first half. Mich St improved the next year and we made them look ridiculous. Of course it didn't carry over to this year for them.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    Texas is like the smoking hot girl that thinks just because she's hot that she doesn't need to be a decent person. Just throwing that out there.
    Did you get cheated on???...awwww

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Did you get cheated on???...awwww

No. I already knew your wife was in a relationship. Bazinga! (that's how you know I'm joking)
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.