Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: Does Notre Dame recover from such an epic beat down.?

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    BK is a great coach and ND basically recruits for itself. I think Kelly is smart enough to pick the right players for what he needs and ND, unfortunately, will not be going away anytime soon.

Texas is like the smoking hot girl that thinks just because she's hot that she doesn't need to be a decent person. Just throwing that out there.

He's been there three years and though I won't argue ND recruits for itself. Is it recruiting the quality of talent to stay on the field with the elite? Because what I saw Monday night leads me to believe they have a LOOOOOOOOONG ways to go. I mean, that game reminded me of the Capital One Bowl against Michigan St. The difference in athletic talent was so obvious it was boarder line embarrassing they even charged people admission to watch that. That's what it looked like Monday night.

Monti Teo was supposed to be one of the best linebackers to come out in a long time. He was overwhelmed by the speed and power of Alabama's offense. It was like that all across the field on both sides of the ball. I think Notre Dame has a longer haul than many think.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No. I already knew your wife was in a relationship. Bazinga! (that's how you know I'm joking)
    BamaPokerPlayer, is that you?
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Third Team

Texas fans still believe that Bama ruined their program. There are a few posts at Shaggybevo.com in the BCS game thread about it. I can't remember exactly but something like 'Colt got hurt, Bama won and our program has been in a downward spiral ever since.' It's pathetic how entitled they think they are.
    Last edited by Carol91670; January 9th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

According to Rivals, Notre Dame finished the following in recruiting:

2006: #8
    2007: #8
    2008: #2
    2009: #21
    2010: #14
    2011: #10
    2012: #20

They've recruited top end talent, at least according to rivals. For whatever reason, that talent hasn't exactly panned out. They looked as slow as UK or Mizzu on Monday night.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He's been there three years and though I won't argue ND recruits for itself. Is it recruiting the quality of talent to stay on the field with the elite? Because what I saw Monday night leads me to believe they have a LOOOOOOOOONG ways to go. I mean, that game reminded me of the Capital One Bowl against Michigan St. The difference in athletic talent was so obvious it was boarder line embarrassing they even charged people admission to watch that. That's what it looked like Monday night.

Monti Teo was supposed to be one of the best linebackers to come out in a long time. He was overwhelmed by the speed and power of Alabama's offense. It was like that all across the field on both sides of the ball. I think Notre Dame has a longer haul than many think.
    I agree with all that. No one recruits and develops talent that the top tier of the SEC does. Everyone else is second rate. Everyone else is really playing for second place.

However, ND can be a BCS bowl contender every year. The media loves them and gives them the benefit of the doubt.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation All-American OreBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    None on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    BamaPokerPlayer, is that you?

No, I'm not an Obamaton.
    Pronounced as or-e-bama not Obama.

Or Chris, if you prefer.

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    Basically agreed with these. I would predict another title game for them soon due to a good coach and an improving team coupled with inflated polls, etc., but the playoff scenarios may complicate that.
    BINGO!

I don't think they make it back next year and once the playoff begins the rankings relative to lore and media hype will begin to fade away after a couple blowouts like Monday night. BCS advertising $$$$$ will push in effort to put the best product in the bracket.

RTR!!!

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Don't know......Don't care.........

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I agree with all that. No one recruits and develops talent that the top tier of the SEC does. Everyone else is second rate. Everyone else is really playing for second place.

However, ND can be a BCS bowl contender every year. The media loves them and gives them the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. I guess I'm coming at it from a standpoint of can ND get back to actually being one of the best programs (on the field) in country. Personally, it starts with recruiting and development. If they cannot get players that can stay within half a step of the defender and the runner then they have no chance. Plain and simple.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

We'll see. I don't think the loss, by itself, necessarily spells huge problems for ND. As others stated, CBK is recruiting and developing talent well. But there are problems:

-Speed. ND is slow. BIGX slow. Even with 2 classes under his belt there were no explosives players on the field for ND. No FR/SO made me say....wow, that kid is gonna be good. Their QB showed none of the play making skills of other mobile QBs he had been compared to. Their best REC is a TE that had no impact on the game. Their 2 best defenders (Manti, Nix) got manhandled. ND is at least another 2 years away, imo, from being ready to compete with nations elite right now.

-CBK's tenure. How long does he stay? Does he have NFL aspirations? If he leaves in the next 2-3 years then much of his progress could come undone.

-Maintaining. They've had success this year. Can they maintain it? They probably lucked into their situation this year. They could have very easily been a 3-4 loss team(with losses to a few inferior teams no less) and made no national noise at all. What is there to suggest that they will have success again next year? Making the BCS title game this year just intensifies the spot light and enlarges the target already on their backs that they have just by being ND.

I don't think its the loss that's going to cause them problems.....if anything, it will be the myth of their success this year that may do them in when they can't sustain it.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Does Notre Dame recover from such an epic beat down.?

Who cares?! I hope they do just to face us again and get it put on them again.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

If im a nd player and watch the halftime interview and my coach says if the other team does not come back out we have a shot, i mean wow my coach has packed it in. Bryant would never say that, stallings ,saban, wouldnt either. Heck joe kines didnt say that kind of statement. Joke or no joke they wouldnt do it. Its not their nature. But kelley said it. It tells alittle bit about who he is. Kelley isnt a bad coach but i think monday was as close to a bcsnc that nd will get while kelley is there. He reminds me of tubbervile.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post

Don't know......Don't care.........
    ^^THIS^^
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant