BamaNation Second Team smohabbat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it weird the position I'm most looking forward to seeing next year is PK?

Shelley was amazing this year even though a few PAT gave me a near heart attack. Im excited to see Griffith boot it from 55+ next year consistently.

It's interesting to see what happens with Cade. Griffith has a bigger leg than him on KO's but I'm sure Saban will still give Foster the nod.

Alabama Crimson Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Is it weird the position I'm most looking forward to seeing next year is PK?

Going to be disappointed I think. Griffith may be good even great, but I don't see any kicker consistently booting 55 yard FGs.

Quote Originally Posted by smohabbat View Post
    Shelley was amazing this year even though a few PAT gave me a near heart attack. Im excited to see Griffith boot it from 55+ next year consistently.

It's interesting to see what happens with Cade. Griffith has a bigger leg than him on KO's but I'm sure Saban will still give Foster the nod.

"We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it weird the position I'm most looking forward to seeing next year is PK?

I fully expect Adam Griffith to win the placekicking job this spring.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like

Foster was the big disappointment. He should play lb for us next year. Foreign kickers and punters seem to have been vastly popular and successful in the ncaa of late. I have full faith in Griffith. The only position I question on st is finding a stable option for punt returning. I wish Cyrus Jones was the one returning punts Monday night.

Alabama Crimson Tide

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

i love seeing kickers when they're out for XP or kickoffs...not so much otherwise

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    i love seeing kickers when they're out for XP or kickoffs...not so much otherwise
    yes, its a little wierd since it means our offense isnt putting it in the end zone. I prefer seeing them wth 65-75 XPs rather than 55+ yard field goal attempts, of which they'll be successful on maybe half of them if they're really special.

Post Thanks / Like

Any Bama fan should know that kickers are an important part of the game. They get praised the most when they win a game and blamed and ridiculed the most when they hook it wide right.

Kickers and Punters are overlooked when they are quite vital. You're not going to score on 100% of your drives. But knowing if the drive stalls arould the 35 yd line and still being able to get 3 on the board is a luxury.

Alabama Crimson Tide