D.J. Fluker Leaving Early for NFL Draft

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Re: Fluker going pro.

Not only did you lose your 3 best O-Linemen, you lost their leadership. They were the ones getting everyone else fired up. Need someone on the O-Line to step into that role next year.
You nailed it. I think leadership (or lack of it) is what kept Bama from having 4 BCS championships in a row.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011

Since I haven't seen it mentioned, DJ I want to give you props as well for getting your degree in December. You said last year you promised your Mom, and you have definitely made her proud.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I've said all season that I think DJ needs another year to develop because he still has a little ways to go from a passing blocking perspective in my opinion. However, I'll also say this--He has possibly improved more in a period of a few years than any player we've ever had.
If he maintains that same work ethic he'll be fine.
I can't blame any youngster for reaching for an opportunity and I'm sure he discussed his draft status with Coach Saban before his decision and they feel good about it.
Therefore, I'm sure it's a wise one and I wish him the very best and thank him for his time at the University.
Thank you D.J. and good luck my man!
sip

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

Congrats DJ!!! Roll Tide Big fellow...I wish you all the luck and success in the world....I know he will make us proud in the pros.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL

I got his autograph last year before he was "all that". Pretty cool that just two years later he's going to the NFL. Hope he gets put on a decent team and his talent doesn't go to waste!

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Really brought the intensity this year. Best of luck to him.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Thanks for everything big 7-6. Literally a huge part of our success the past couple years. Here's to a long and healthy NFL career!

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

It's great to see those brothers going so far in life both attending Bama
And making much more of themselves than some thought they would!

Gonna miss DJ and that big ole smile and the 747 wingspan one the offense
Good luck DJ!!

DSHO

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2009

Thank you DJ!! Your one to remember! Good luck in your future endeavors and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Not only did you lose your 3 best O-Linemen, you lost their leadership. They were the ones getting everyone else fired up. Need someone on the O-Line to step into that role next year.
I'm not so much worried about the leadership. All of that starts at the top (with Saban).

I hate to see D.J. leave, but it is well deserved. Best of luck big guy!!!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Go with the thanks of a grateful University, Mr. Fluker. We will miss you here, but Alabama remembers her own.

DJ has improved dramatically this year. His games against LSU, UGA, and ND were excellent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.