Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Coach Sumlin at game

Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux View Post

Caps lost during cut & paste.
    Kevin Sumlin inherited an extremely rare caliber player. He should pipe down a notch.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I guess you can put that down for a 2:30 p.m. game on CBS unless they decide to put it in Prime Time.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Coach Saban has how many months to prepare for this one?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Suspended

Re: Johnny Manziel at BCS Title Game on Alabama sideline

Quote Originally Posted by tattooguy21 View Post
    Pretty sure he was, in fact, NOT there. Reason being, at the beginning of the game, awards were given out to players from each conference there from their season and bowl performance. Barrett Jones, Teo, Manziel and a few others were being awarded, and each was represented by family (obviously two were getting game ready). Since I didn't see Manziel, I figured he was still out gambling or something.
    Manziel was, in fact, there and at several events/press conferences before the game. I never saw a picture of him on the sidelines, but did see one of him in the press box during the game sitting with a young Alabama fan who was wearing a Make A Wish shirt. The same young man had been photographed earlier in the day with his family and Coach Sumlin.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Its Saban's call, but he had zero business being on our sideline during the game.

Didn't see him on the sidelines, but he was in a suite at the game. He is pictured here with Harrison McKinion (who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Dec. 2011). He was at the game via the "Make a Wish Foundation". Jeremy Shelley gave Harrison his National Championship t-shirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Its Saban's call, but he had zero business being on our sideline during the game.
    It depends on the circumstances, recruits etc.. but im inclined to agree.

BamaNation First Team BamafanNPC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In the Birmingham BCS special edition Tuesday, it quoted him on Twitter saying "I have all the respect for Notre Dame and Manti Teo, but I got to say it. ROLL TIDE!" I can respect him for that, and think it was pretty cool of him to say.

BamaNation First Team

I don't think they ever actually said he was on the Bama sideline. They were mentioning who ND and Bama did have and Manziel's name was just thrown in as being there.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BamafanNPC View Post
    In the Birmingham BCS special edition Tuesday, it quoted him on Twitter saying "I have all the respect for Notre Dame and Manti Teo, but I got to say it. ROLL TIDE!" I can respect him for that, and think it was pretty cool of him to say.
    He should write coach moore a big check one day cause Alabama made him the celebrity he is today.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    He should write coach moore a big check one day cause Alabama made him the celebrity he is today.

I believe it is Johnny's playing ability that has made him the celebrity that he is today.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was on the same flight as Manziel Sunday morning from DFW-FLL. I briefly spoke to him on the plane and while waiting for my luggage after the flight. He was really nice and down to earth. He did say "ROLL TIDE" and predicted we would beat ND handily.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AggieMom View Post
    I believe it is Johnny's playing ability that has made him the celebrity that he is today.
    Hes good alright. No doubt. But if bama gets a w against atm we're not having this conversation
    Last edited by TDBama78; January 10th, 2013 at 01:47 AM.