Johnny Manziel at BCS Title Game on Alabama sideline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
During pregame of ABC broadcast of Monday's title game announcers said that Johnny Manziel was invited to stand on the Alabama sideline during the game.

Did anyone see him there or is there a photo of him on the Bama sideline?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Johnny's stock came out even higher after the beat-down. He is one of my favorite players for sure.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Heard he placed a wager on the Tide! Hatahs gotta Hate!

Why's he hanging out with Carson Daly?

Last edited:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I like it if he was invited. Doubt he showed up or the cameras would have jumped on it. They were desperate to talk about something besides Bama's domination of Notre Dame.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Pretty sure he was, in fact, NOT there. Reason being, at the beginning of the game, awards were given out to players from each conference there from their season and bowl performance. Barrett Jones, Teo, Manziel and a few others were being awarded, and each was represented by family (obviously two were getting game ready). Since I didn't see Manziel, I figured he was still out gambling or something.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Coach Sumlin at game

all eyes already on texas a&m at home against alabama on sept. 14

the alabama crimson tide established themselves as a college football dynasty monday night when they won their third bcs national championship in four years.

“texas a&m coach kevin sumlin stood on the sideline on monday and watched the crimson tide defensive linemen warm up for the bcs title game,” sports illustrated’s andy staples wrote following the tide’s 42-14 dismantling of notre dame. “‘see that guy?’ sumlin asked, pointing at alabama defensive end damion square. ‘he’s from houston, texas. Yates high.’”

“sumlin’s implication? In his texas a&m regime, a player of square’s caliber shouldn’t leave the lone star state to play for alabama. He should play for texas a&m, and texas a&m should play on the season’s final evening.”

staples notes that alabama’s recruiting has brought them to their level of dominance but wonders how long their dynasty could last.

alabama looks poised to make another run in 2013 but for the first time ever, the road to pasadena and the 2013 title game runs through college station, texas.

texas a&m was the lone blemish on the tide’s 2012 campaign and on sept. 14 the two teams will meet again, this year on kyle field.

Caps lost during cut & paste.
:conf2:

Last edited:

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Pretty sure he was, in fact, NOT there. Reason being, at the beginning of the game, awards were given out to players from each conference there from their season and bowl performance. Barrett Jones, Teo, Manziel and a few others were being awarded, and each was represented by family (obviously two were getting game ready). Since I didn't see Manziel, I figured he was still out gambling or something.
Manziel was, in fact, there and at several events/press conferences before the game. I never saw a picture of him on the sidelines, but did see one of him in the press box during the game sitting with a young Alabama fan who was wearing a Make A Wish shirt. The same young man had been photographed earlier in the day with his family and Coach Sumlin.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Didn't see him on the sidelines, but he was in a suite at the game. He is pictured here with Harrison McKinion (who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Dec. 2011). He was at the game via the "Make a Wish Foundation". Jeremy Shelley gave Harrison his National Championship t-shirt! :)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.