Link: Turned off by 'shady' move, USC recruit de-commits

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
gotta feel bad for this kid. He had committed to them back in April and was 2 days from his freshman orientation and a week from first day of classes when they call him to say they don't have any room for him because they gave his EE spot to a kid that committed on Jan 4

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep that was lowdown to wait this long to tell the kid. Especially since he was committed for so long. I hope he goes to UCLA and gets a record number of sacks against U$C.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
He's now considering Bama, UCLA, Oregon, and Notre Dame with USC on back burner for fall enrollment...

Rivals #7 DE / #108 overall
ESPNU #84
Scout #122

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
If Saban had done this the media would be calling for his head... barely a peep on ESPN, guess Lane gets a pass cause he's such a honorable guy.
Exactly! Remember the crap Saban caught last year(?) about that Ga. running back? IIRC, he (Taylor?) was injured, so Saban wanted him to accept a gray shirt instead of coming in for fall semester. I think he wound up at Kentucky. But the media played it like Saban reneged completely on the scholarship offer.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yes he ended up at UK. IIRC he even said he would greyshirt, then his coach or handler (forget which) made a stink about it and then they went straight to the AJC and of course they ate it up. Yes he went to UK and did not play.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
well when you lose 5 games ESPN isn't as interested in what you're up to no matter if you're USC or NC State so absolutely if Kelly or Saban or Urban did this it would be highlighted

that being said ESPNU is covering it strongly both online and on TV

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
I think the kid you guys are referencing may have been a little coy with the extent of his injury and that in turn changed the availability of his scholarship. I'm absolutely not 100% on this so don't take it as truth but, it does seem like I remember that being the case.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
I think the kid you guys are referencing may have been a little coy with the extent of his injury and that in turn changed the availability of his scholarship. I'm absolutely not 100% on this so don't take it as truth but, it does seem like I remember that being the case.
Kylie Fitts ‏@K_Fitts93
Just got done with the doctors and my wrist is FULLY HEALED! I get to start training hard and im ready for some college football!!

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Well we have an open EE spot, he needs an open EE spot...he's a DE, we need a DE....I kinda hope we move on this one.
Agreed. But there is one thing that I don't get. Why can't any recruit who graduates high school early enroll in Bama (or any other school) this semester? When you say we have an EE spot, does it mean that we don't have 80 enrolled on the team right now?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Agreed. But there is one thing that I don't get. Why can't any recruit who graduates high school early enroll in Bama (or any other school) this semester? When you say we have an EE spot, does it mean that we don't have 80 enrolled on the team right now?

Yes, you always have to be under the 85 rule. So, this is the first week of classes (remove scholarshipped seniors) and we can enroll some early. However, you have to take in the 25 per year rule, too. We had a few spots that could be backcounted to the class of 2012. Not sure how many.

The beauty of an EE is that he can count towards either the last class (if you have a spot) or the current class. However, you still can't be over 25 in either class (2012 or 2013) or over the 85 limit.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
well, we clearly had a spot for Walker meaning we are under our 85 by at least one maybe more, the seniors graduating and guys leaving early puts us well below that.

as far as the 25 goes he'll either count towards last year or this year, either way we have an open spot due to losing walker. It would almost be an even trade...if fitts pans out....or if he even comes here.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
When will be the latest enrollment date for this semester? I hope time is not working against us in this case.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So do seniors who have used up their eligibility but are still taking classes on scholarship count towards our 85 limit?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.