Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Congrats and Notes from an ND fan who attended the BCSNCG

Thanks for the kind words about the fan base, glad they were good to you as a whole. I love the story with Barrett Jones at the airport, good to see that he continues to represent the University well in everything he does. Hope to see another ND-Bama game in the near future, too much history between us to be separated for so long.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Sorry, I'm not buying this. Maybe I'm wrong but this portion of your post sounds a bit fishy. Anyway, good luck and such.
    Yes I am a world class cynic and proud of it.

I was walking down the street in the middle of south beach after the game (just trying to get back to my hotel, obviously) when I saw two Alabama fans standing toe to toe screaming in each other's faces. As I got closer I realized what the argument was about.... One guy was furious at the other for taunting ND fans and essentially picking fights. He was screaming things like, "show some class" ; "don't ruin this for the rest of us" ; "why can't you just celebrate our win?" and, my favorite, "I'm not getting arrested because you're a redneck."
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

NDinNYC2, I just got back from Miami today and I haven't even had the opportunity to read our board, but I appreciate your comments and I just wanted to reciprocate.

I talked to multiple ND fans before and after the game and I sat near many ND fans and during the whole time I saw nothing but class. There was reserved optimism before (as I would expect from any fan base). Even during the game after the beat down started, the ND fans stayed in the game (as much as possible) and more importantly stayed til the end (which LSU fans didn't do).

Most noticeably, after the game the ND fans were pure class. Nothing but respect for Bama's dominating performance and program. I did not encounter one "poor loser" attitude OR we lost because of the refs.

Very classy post. As much as I hate (but respect) Notre Dame, Im getting tired of the "Notre Dame is terrible" talk by some people. Did Alabama hand them their butt on a platter? Yes. BUT . . . they STILL went UNDEFEATED in a not-to-shaby regular season schedule. Did they have some close calls - yes. But they still found a way to come out on top. Was it lucky at times - yes. But even Bama had to rely on luck this year, considering they had NOTHING to do with Oregon and Kansas St both unexpectedly losing the same week. So PLEASE, keep your head high. Your Fighting Irish had one HECK of a year, despite the beat down they recievedwhile playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! You should be proud of this team. Heck, you can say your only loss was to a team during a rare DYNASTY! For your sake I wish I could say good luck next year, but as I said, I hate Notre Dame, so Id be lying if I said I hoped you won at least one game next season.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

BamaNation First Team BornABamaFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

That goes both ways NDinNYC2, I was beyond impressed with the ND fanbase. Being in my 40's, I was always brought up to detest the Irish and I actually left Miami with a sense of guilt for my unwavering support for any loss that came ND way. My wife & I took a shuttle to the game and we were the only Bama fans on board and were treated with nothing but respect heading into the stadium. After the game the van was about 50/50 with 10 of us traveling back to our hotels. One of the Irish fans on our shuttle talked non stop about how great Bama played and even offered to buy us drinks in the pub near the hotel. I must say the other Irish fans all sat in the back seat and NEVER said a word but I was just as impressed with the TIDE FANS because none of us taunted them or rubbed it in. Their pain was silent, but it was the loudest silence I've ever felt on a 12 mile journey back to the hotel. It was so strange in that I felt an incredible HIGH after the win, but I also felt an incredible LOW for the Irish contention.
    My SN says Bornabamafan and that is 110% true(Alabama father/Scottish Mother), but to hear your bagpipers play Scotland The Brave gave me chills as I have heard that song from the time I was born. Funny thing is that I hoped they wouldn't be playing Scottish songs that I knew-- but it was ONLY Scottish songs that I heard them play! It definitely hurt a bit during the game to hear some Bama fans mumble about how could" those" guys wear their kilts- but to a Bama/Scotsman that sorta felt like disrespecting THE BEAR. I know my fellow Bama fans meant nothing by it, but it still caught me off guard just before the game started. Alabama will always flow through my veins and so will Scotland and all of it's traditions, but the Irish and the Scottish have always been so close throughout history and after Monday in Miami I will NEVER again support just ANY loss that comes ND way!! Miami was great--I've never been more PROUD to be an Alabama fan as our fans IMO displayed much class over my time spent there. But I've also gained a new respect for your fanbase for displaying such class in defeat and yes I kinda like the Irish/Scottish connection. Funny, I asked my mom after the game why she didn't support the Irish with all their Scottish Traditions and her reply was " I would have been a ND fan but being married to a man from Alabama I learned quickly when I got to this country that I had only ONE choice!" Don't worry fellow Tide Fans, her loyalty my entire life has been toward Bama & will stay for Bama-- as will MINE!!
    RTR15!!
    BornAScottishBamaFan

BamaNation Second Team

I was going to start a thread congratulating you all, but this thread can't be topped so I will add my congratulations and thoughts here. South Beach was a lot of fun with the two fan bases mixed and the Flo Rida concert was a cool bonding experience I thought. I didn't encounter any trash talking from Bama fans, and honestly part of me chalked it up to the notion that A) You all were above it, B) You have been there before, C) You were rightfully confident in your team's ability. The Bama girls didn't disappoint either, and I was actually interviewed by a Bama reporter who was a smoking hot blonde for about ten minutes (If anyone somehow sees this interview let me know haha, I'm in a green #10 jersey.)
    It was quite the thrashing as far as the game goes. I really did fear the possibility that your run game would churn it out against us, but I did not think to the tune of what could've been 56-14 if ya'll wanted. I do think, and hope, that Everett Golson at least earned your respect-- as I think many of you thought we were kidding about his capabilities, but his efforts were obviously for not against a much better team. Thanks for the hospitality on the board. I will be rooting for Bama as long it doesn't mean we will probably play you again

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Sorry, I'm not buying this. Maybe I'm wrong but this portion of your post sounds a bit fishy. Anyway, good luck and such.
    Yes I am a world class cynic and proud of it.
    I'm sorry you feel that way...because that means you DEFINITELY wouldn't believe the story about me, a random Alabama fan and Charles Barkley at the bar on Sunday night

If you're on here somewhere (Jackson?) - good times buddy. Wish I knew what happened to you after we went across the street. Haha.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I hope you'll stick around. I've enjoyed reading your posts.

On my flights today, I ran into three Notre Dame fans. All of them were as gracious as you've been. I tried to be the same way. One older gent looked at my shirt and shook his head and said, "we didn't even belong on that field." I told him, "Notre Dame is a very good team, but even very good teams still lose like that. You're not as bad as you think you looked."
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation All-SEC

Congrats and Notes from an ND fan who attended the BCSNCG

The ND fans I encountered in Miami were all outstanding, without exception. I still don't care much for the Fighting Irish (I'm 44 and can't / won't get over the history) but I have 100% respect for their fans!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC

Congrats and Notes from an ND fan who attended the BCSNCG

The ND fans I encountered in Miami were outstanding and friendly, without exception. I still don't care a lick for the Fighting Irish (I'm 44 and can't - or won't - get over the history), but I've got nothing but respect for their fans.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Thanks for the compliments and class you've shown. I had a neighbor who is a ND fan and congratulated me (sincerely) and said he'd bring over some Jameson for a drink together. Some have and show class. Others only look small by complaining about calls and long layoffs before the game.

Thanks very much.

BamaNation Third Team

I'll tack on my congratulations and "thanks" for letting me visit your forum. I will also add that I really appreciate how well monitored and managed this site is. It was refreshing to read a site that is kept clean enough that any youngster can read and participate. (I'm not a youngster LOL)

The game wasn't much fun but I wanted to know where we stand. It's remarkable what Saban has done. I always thought he was a fantastic coach. At the end of the day Alabama and Notre Dame are two of the stalwarts of the game and I hope Kelly can keep the program moving forward so we can get another shot.

Again Congratulations!

BamaNation First Team

Great read, thanks. Come here anytime; plenty of intelligent conversation on all things college football and very well-moderated.