Question: Were we rebuilding?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The JUCO CB Dixon put us in a bind this year with him leaving before the season. Of course, I think the reason he didn't work out was above the shoulders mostly.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Cooper and Yeldon are two true freshman that had a big impact on us being able to bring home 15.
That's what you call reloading instead of rebuilding.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The JUCO CB Dixon put us in a bind this year with him leaving before the season. Of course, I think the reason he didn't work out was above the shoulders mostly.
Then we lost Jarrick. One of the staff said before the season that, if we lost just one DB, we could kiss title hopes goodbye. It was amusing reading the MSU game thread. A couple of them kept bringing up the fact that EL was our 3rd string mopup back when we played them in the Cap One...

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
If the team can stay focused, the talent is there to dare I say... "threepeat" (Please don't tell Coach Saban I said that). Focus and some people stepping up into the leadership roles are the keys. The talent level is not dropping, just the experience level and leadership. The defense next year will compare to 2011 and 1992, the OL will be a point of concern, but I'm sure they will be up to the task. It's always been great to be a Bama fan, but this current era is indescribable. And, it shows no signs of decline.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
I seem to remember that going into the 2009 season, many thought that our OL would prevent us from winning a National Title, let alone the SEC. That unit improved throughout the year and turned out to not be so bad after all, and, low and behold, we won the NCG. The depth, in terms of the quality of recruits along the OL, is better than it was then, and I trust that Cochran will have the guys ready to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.