Question: Were we rebuilding?

I read an article somewhere today, and I can't find it now, that this year was suppose to be a rebuilding year. We had a very small senior class and we were very young. The leadership was there though. I don't know if I necessarily agree with that, but it may be true. Does anyone else agree with 2012 being that kind of a year? If so, what does 2013 hold? Sweet 16?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The general consensus was that 2012 was a rebuilding year, much like 2010 - we lost a ton of starters from last year's team (like 2010).

Next year should be our 'up' year, experience-wise. And we have a GREAT schedule to go with it...

Harold Howard

Suspended
Jan 9, 2013
I think 2012 was the least talented team on D that we've had for a couple of years, but it turned out okay! But I don't think elite teams really 'rebuild'. There are positions that were weaker due to graduation/early NFL departures, but the level Bama are at now it's more that certain position groups need to rebuild, rather than the entire team.

Tennessee and Auburn... now that's a couple of teams that need to be rebuilt! Mind you, that might be more like a decade long renovation, rather than a rebuilding year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
On Irish envy one poster said that we were losing to many lineman to be competitive next year. Some of the posters over their acknowledge what happened on Monday night, but most of them are delusional. Most of them are predicting us to take a step back in talent and for them to get back to the game this year. I kinda feel sorry for them...

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know if you guys are following, but our recruiting class is looking exceptional, to include howard (one of the best rb's ever apparently) and several OL guys avging 6'6 and such. We will be weakest experience wise there, but as always, I have faith in "the Process." This year was supposed to be our rebuilding year. We lost 8 in the draft, and 7 others signed as free agents. That's right sports fans....15 people lost to the NFL from 1 team. But as stated during the first game of the season by everyone's favorite dirty Uncle Musburger, "Alabama doesn't rebuild, they reload."

If we had gone 11-2 I would have been impressed this year, but nothing is ever good enough for Saban. So here we are, losing less people than last year.....lets see what happens. I know that Barrett Jones is....well, replaceable. Hopefully his understudy who he coached and mentored and saw playing time this year will be ready to continue his education on the front line next year. ROLL TIDE

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This should have been a rebuilding year for Alabama. With AJ and CJ coming back, this could turn out to be the most dominating team Saban has had next year.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
not really. we have Kounjo and steen coming back along with arie kounjo. so I say while not as talented we are still a force to be reckoned with at that position.
What positions are bigger concerns?

Maybe this past year was somewhat of rebuilding year but it was not for the offensiive line and quarterback. Every year has some amount of rebuilding to be done in college football. This past season was probably more of an overall rebuilding year for the defense and a lot of folks believed that the offense was going to be better than the previous year and be able to make up for whatever rebuilding was going on with the defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.