Looking Ahead to 2013 (Schedule Review)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I will say this...the way that UGA lucked out this year without having to play us, LSU, or TAMU in the regular season, we have a favorable schedule in 2013. A VERY favorable schedule. Here it is posted below, and I will post my thoughts afterward.

DateOpponentSite
Aug. 31Virginia TechAtlanta, Georgia
Sept. 14
Sept. 21
*at Texas A&M
Colorado St.
College Station, Texas
Braynt-Denny Stadium
Sept. 28*Ole MissBryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 5Georgia StateBryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 12*at KentuckyLexington, Kentucky
Oct. 19*ArkansasBryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 26*TennesseeBryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 9*LSUBryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 16*at Mississippi StateStarkville, Mississippi
Nov. 23ChattanoogaBryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 30*at AuburnAuburn, Alabama

We have an entire summer to plan for VaTech. So barring some catastrophic let down, we should pull off that win. Then, we get a WEEK OFF before we go to College Station for what will probably be our biggest game of the season. If/when we pull that win off, we get Colorado St. at home which looks, on paper, to be another W. Then we got Ole Miss. That game is gonna be a dog fight. BUT... I expect a W.

After that, we're on cruise control until we get to Nov. 9 vs. LSU, who we ALSO have a bye week before. After that, it's just taking care of business against MSU, Chattanooa, Auburn, and whoever we face in the SECCG.

With the leadership we have returning (AJ and CJ) on top of all the great young talent that got a chance to develop this season and get a lot of playing time (Yeldon, Cooper, Clinton-Dix, Belue, Geno Smith, Landon Collins, etc. etc. etc.). We played a LOT of guys from out 2012 signing class this year. And many of those guys are HUNGRY (example: Cyrus Jones, who had been playing in return duty late in the season, but was replaced by Christion Jones & Dee Milliner on Monday night, tweeted this (paraphrasing): "I love my team, and I'm so happy to have this championship, but this is the LAST time I watch an entire game from the sideline. Believe that." I love that attitude. Absolutely love it. And if these guys are fighting for playing time, it can only make us better. OH...and not to mention, in addition to returning our entire receiving corps,we get back DeAndrew White and add Robert Foster & Raheem Falkins. In addition to Yeldon & Drake, we get back Fowler and Hart,and we're bringing in 3 studs in Henry, Jones, and Tenpenny.

Life is GREAT right now for Alabama faithful.

Last edited:

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Ole miss is coming here. One of the scheduling quirks that happened with expansion. Couple of teams have situations like that I believe

And yes... This is a very favorable schedule. I'm pretty sure CNS began game planning for a&m already...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't think we have a bye week before the LSU game. I think its just the one before a&m and ole miss.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Sets up as favorable as it can for an SEC team. LSU and A&M are the biggies. Then the SEC championship game. I thought you were going to say we have the whole summer to game plan Johnny football.

Harold Howard

Suspended
Jan 9, 2013
Think this is the complete schedule...

Aug. 31......... Virginia Tech.............................. Atlanta, Ga.
Sept. 14......... *at Texas A&M............................ College Station, Texas
Sept. 21......... Colorado State............................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Sept. 28......... *Ole Miss..................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 5............ Georgia State............................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 12.......... *at Kentucky............................... Lexington, Ky.
Oct. 19.......... *Arkansas.................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 26.......... *Tennessee.................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 9........... *LSU.............................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 16......... *at Mississippi State................. Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 23......... Chattanooga................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 30......... *at Auburn................................... Auburn, Ala.

It's very good for us - two weeks to prepare for Texas A&M and LSU?? Plus Kentucky and Tennessee from the East! I guess all the luck we were due with scheduling in 2010 has finally been repaid.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Games that stand out

VT: The double edged sword is Logan Thomas, and he reminds me of Taylor Marteniz in that he is very athlethic and he can win games by himself, but it also goes against him when the other team is lighting up the scoreboard, and given the fact of months of preparations by CNS I see Virgina Tech getting their lunch stolen.

aTm: Johnny Football Johnny Football. Yes I know the hype is going to be huge Game of the Century title, Top 5 showdown, but how bout revenge. This game is one I think Bama will have been waiting for awhile. JF is losing key players to the draft and our defense is better and more experienced, and I dont see them holding our offense like they did in T-Town.

LSU: I honestly think LSU is going to have a down year due to the mass exodus on defense, but they will play us hard as usual. We SHOULD win though.

Possibles: Ole Miss is definently as plausable threat and until Bray declared I was thinking Rocky Slop would be too.

SECCG: UF or UGA. nuff said

TARGET: PASADENA:BigA::BigA::BigA:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It is good. We need good injury luck, too. Key will not be "skill" positions, but getting our lines in order. CK, AK, and AS are solid. We will miss BJ almost every game, and that is purely a compliment to him. More experience on the D Line, but no way we replace JW easily.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.