Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Overwhelmed? I am.

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Nick Saban: 68-13 (83.9%) - Heisman Winner - 2 SEC Championships - 3 National Championships.

Nick Saban has accomplished this in only 6 years.

- In the last 5 years Alabama has only lost 7 games.
    - Alabama is averaging 11 wins a season over the last 6 seasons.
    - Saban is 14-5 against our 3 big rivals. Tennessee (6-0) - Auburn (4-2) - LSU (4-3)

Alabama has come a long way in the last 6 years and it is overwhelming. In Saban's time at Alabama he has beat Michigan, Penn State, Texas and Notre Dame; 4 of the most storied programs in history and two of them were beat in the National Title Game. Alabama has cemented itself as the top dog in the college football world once again, when just 7 years ago there was nothing but doubt surrounding the program.

I can't thank Nick Saban enough for what he has done for this program and college football in general.
    Great post. It's amazing that in the five games that we played against those 4 storied programs the combined score was 147 - 63. That's total domination.

I'd like to add Oklahoma, Oregon (so we can silence all that chatter about how competitive they would have been etc.) and Ohio State to that list over the next couple of years.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Howard View Post
    Great post. It's amazing that in the five games that we played against those 4 storied programs the combined score was 147 - 63. That's total domination.

I'd like to add Oklahoma, Oregon (so we can silence all that chatter about how competitive they would have been etc.) and Ohio State to that list over the next couple of years.
    Wow, that is incredible. Running and stopping the run is a major factor in that scoring statistic. And I agree Oklahoma, Oregon and Ohio State would be great victims for the Tide. The two big fishes I want are Ohio State and the USC Trojans.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Nick Saban has now silenced all the major villains from Alabama's football past.

1. Fulmer? Sent packing.
    2. Tubs? In the coaching wilderness.
    3. Texas? 37-21
    4. Michigan? Series even at 2-2
    5. Notre Dame? Just another program with a pedigree.

To the OP - great thread idea. Some day you guys will look back on these years in awe. Standing on the outside, I am already in awe.

BamaNation First Team Stonewall1959's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    P. S. If I croaked today, I would die a very Happy Bama Man. It just does not get any better than this. Awesome!

Thank you Coach Saban, Crimson Tide players, assistant coaches, Mal Moore, Dr. Witt, and the entire state of Alabama that supports the University of Alabama except that area in West Georgia where the Barn is located. However, looks like in the past four years only the state of Alabama knows how to play real football.

I'm not gloating and I know nothing last forever, but this is just AWESOME! It is just great to be alive during this period after living throughout the reign of one Coach Paul W. Bryant and Gene Stallings and now Coach Saban. If I had the vocabulary to express something better than AWESOME, then I would!
    ^^^^^ this. I know exactly how you feel. I was at the Capstone in 1978 & 1979 during the back to back years under Coach Bryant. This is as good as those years were. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that those years would return again.

My fiance is fairly new to loving Bama football and I'm so happy for her that she's getting to experience this with me. It's impossible to explain to anyone who wasn't there what is was like under the Bear, but this is just been an amazing run. If Coach Saban retired today I'd just thank him for the experience and wish him nothing but wonderful things for the rest of his life. He, and his teams, have given me so much happiness.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

When are we going to make him the first $6mil/yr coach?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    To the OP - great thread idea. Some day you guys will look back on these years in awe. Standing on the outside, I am already in awe.
    It's OK to say "we." We'll never tell that other school...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Agreed. I think it will take YEARS for the accomplishments to TRULY settle in. How many programs get to experience MULTIPLE golden years?

Soon it'll be Bryant-Saban-Denny Stadium
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I don't think we'll be able to truly appreciate all of this until it's over.

However, I think we'll all agree that, in the meantime, it feels awesome just to soak it all in!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!
    RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What's truly amazing for this old geezer is I'm lucky enough to see three Alabama dynasties in a lifetime when most don't even get to see one.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation First Team tidegrandpa's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Nick Saban has now silenced all the major villains from Alabama's football past.

1. Fulmer? Sent packing.
    2. Tubs? In the coaching wilderness.
    3. Texas? 37-21
    4. Michigan? Series even at 2-2
    5. Notre Dame? Just another program with a pedigree.
    Kelly went to Philly and Chicago lickin' his wounds, looking for a NFL spot,... been processed

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Three days later and I'm still processing it all. I had only read about times like these before Coach Saban came to Alabama.

I was 9 when Alabama won the NC in 1992. And while I remember bits and pieces, I've mostly just read about that one (and watched replays).

Coach Saban has cemented his legendary status and his legacy. He's just adding to it at this point, and I hope he'll continue with us for several more years. He's going to get a street named after him and his name will be on the stadium. I don't know how... maybe it will be Saban Field at Bryant-Denny Stadium. He'll get other buildings named after him as well. He's this generation's legend, and I'm very thankful that I'm here to witness it.