Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Overwhelmed? I am.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBama View Post
    Agreed. I think it will take YEARS for the accomplishments to TRULY settle in. How many programs get to experience MULTIPLE golden years?
    i've been trying to get my head around some of those accomplishments:

- we won the sec championship two times in the last four year
    - we won the bcs championship this year
    - we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion
    - we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion over notre freaking dame (coming from a long line of bama fans, that is in itself huge)
    - we won the bcs championship last year in dominating fashion over a team that was billed as the best LSU team ever
    - we won the bcs championship three of the last four years
    - we have a coach that is being talked about with a reverence, even by those who hate him, that i never could have imagined.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I barely recall what it feels like for Bama not to be the national champions.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    We are a very spoiled fan base for sure. Alabama may have to add a Saban wing to the Bryant Museum.
    If this continues for several more years, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't erect a Saban museum.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

For the past few decades, we have seen ourselves as better than the slipping public opinion imo, but that might flipflop. Things like, we may be at the best level ever in the programs history, are pretty lofty comments. When you put this brand new shiny current dynasty on top of our established history of past, where do we now stand next to Michigan Notre Dame and Texas? We'll hear this debated in the next few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i've been trying to get my head around some of those accomplishments:

- we won the sec championship two times in the last four year
    - we won the bcs championship this year
    - we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion
    - we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion over notre freaking dame (coming from a long line of bama fans, that is in itself huge)
    - we won the bcs championship last year in dominating fashion over a team that was billed as the best LSU team ever
    - we won the bcs championship three of the last four years
    - we have a coach that is being talked about with a reverence, even by those who hate him, that i never could have imagined.
    And that's not even touching all of the individual accomplishments/awards for our players and staff over the past few years!
    RTR