Overwhelmed? I am.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I don't think we'll be able to truly appreciate all of this until it's over.

However, I think we'll all agree that, in the meantime, it feels awesome just to soak it all in!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
What's truly amazing for this old geezer is I'm lucky enough to see three Alabama dynasties in a lifetime when most don't even get to see one.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Three days later and I'm still processing it all. I had only read about times like these before Coach Saban came to Alabama.

I was 9 when Alabama won the NC in 1992. And while I remember bits and pieces, I've mostly just read about that one (and watched replays).

Coach Saban has cemented his legendary status and his legacy. He's just adding to it at this point, and I hope he'll continue with us for several more years. He's going to get a street named after him and his name will be on the stadium. I don't know how... maybe it will be Saban Field at Bryant-Denny Stadium. He'll get other buildings named after him as well. He's this generation's legend, and I'm very thankful that I'm here to witness it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Agreed. I think it will take YEARS for the accomplishments to TRULY settle in. How many programs get to experience MULTIPLE golden years?
i've been trying to get my head around some of those accomplishments:

- we won the sec championship two times in the last four year
- we won the bcs championship this year
- we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion
- we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion over notre freaking dame (coming from a long line of bama fans, that is in itself huge)
- we won the bcs championship last year in dominating fashion over a team that was billed as the best LSU team ever
- we won the bcs championship three of the last four years
- we have a coach that is being talked about with a reverence, even by those who hate him, that i never could have imagined.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
For the past few decades, we have seen ourselves as better than the slipping public opinion imo, but that might flipflop. Things like, we may be at the best level ever in the programs history, are pretty lofty comments. When you put this brand new shiny current dynasty on top of our established history of past, where do we now stand next to Michigan Notre Dame and Texas? We'll hear this debated in the next few years.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
i've been trying to get my head around some of those accomplishments:

- we won the sec championship two times in the last four year
- we won the bcs championship this year
- we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion
- we won the bcs championship this year in dominating fashion over notre freaking dame (coming from a long line of bama fans, that is in itself huge)
- we won the bcs championship last year in dominating fashion over a team that was billed as the best LSU team ever
- we won the bcs championship three of the last four years
- we have a coach that is being talked about with a reverence, even by those who hate him, that i never could have imagined.
And that's not even touching all of the individual accomplishments/awards for our players and staff over the past few years!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.