Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    Didn't he just say "the nfl is not an option" a few days ago?
    That was before Bama.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

He has been "upwardly mobile" for about 10 years now. Doesn't surprise me to see that he wants to keep riding this wave. Notre Dame is only paying him an estimated $2.4MM/yr - he would double that in the NFL. IMO, he would be a fool to turn down a 4-5 year contract with an NFL team.

ETA - unless ND gives him a huge raise and a 10 year contract.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Players like the "i have nfl coaching experience i can get you to the nfl" type of coach. A coach with no nfl exp. Can tell recruits hey the nfl wants me,, and in some quirky way it plays with a 17 yr old recruit. It gives the coach some nfl cred.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He has been "upwardly mobile" for about 10 years now. Doesn't surprise me to see that he wants to keep riding this wave. Notre Dame is only paying him an estimated $2.4MM/yr - he would double that in the NFL. IMO, he would be a fool to turn down a 4-5 year contract with an NFL team.

His salary is low - relative to the upper echelon coaches, and at the moment there's very few better college coaches. I'd be surprised if he's not using this interview as an opportunity to improve his contract.

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post

Eagles job is a lateral move.

We will offer him 4 million and he stay.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post

How so? Maybe to your fan base, but not to the rest of the world. A lateral move would be if he took the USCw job. An NFL HC job is an upgrade over ND.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post

If you offer him $4MM/yr for 10 years, he might stay. As for an NFL HC job (ANY NFL HC job) being a lateral move - that very much depends on Kelly's life goals. Most football coaches would scoff at the idea, but a few would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Howard View Post
    His salary is low - relative to the upper echelon coaches, and at the moment there's very few better college coaches. I'd be surprised if he's not using this interview as an opportunity to improve his contract.
    Does anyone know how much he's being paid? I'd be kinda surprised if ND only paid him $2.4m annually.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    How so? Maybe to your fan base, but not to the rest of the world. A lateral move would be if he took the USCw job. An NFL HC job is an upgrade over ND.
    You probably wouldn't say the Browns would be an upgrade for Saban would you?? It's apples and oranges. I don't think you can say that the NFL is automatically an upgrade over the four or five marquee college jobs, which Notre Dame certainly is.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood

ND is going to have to do what we finally did when we hired Saban--pull out the checkbook and pay what it takes to get AND keep a top tier coach instead of expecting them to come here for a low ball salary just because of our tradition.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Agreed

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Howard View Post
    Where is his salary posted? Private schools normally do not make such information available. What does he make and where can we see it as well?
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood

Kelley is dazed and confused. That is what being processed will do to a coach.