Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Does anyone know how much he's being paid? I'd be kinda surprised if ND only paid him $2.4m annually.
    It is not public, but that is the number that you will find if you google - and the internet is never wrong.

BTW, $2.4MM represents more than double what he was making at Cincinnatti ($1.1MM)

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    Didn't he just say "the nfl is not an option" a few days ago?

Yep..along with another zinger...

Kelly denied having any interest in an NFL coaching job this past Saturday, claiming that leaving Notre Dame "is not an option. I don't even think about it."

"I think from my perspective I've got the best job in the country, NFL, college, high school, whatever," Kelly said Saturday. "I just look at the place that I'm at and thankful for the opportunity that I have."

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Where is his salary posted? Private schools normally do not make such information available. What does he make and where can we see it as well?
    I was just going by what B1GTide quoted, I don't know how much he makes.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Howard View Post
    You probably wouldn't say the Browns would be an upgrade for Saban would you?? It's apples and oranges. I don't think you can say that the NFL is automatically an upgrade over the four or five marquee college jobs, which Notre Dame certainly is.
    I said over ND not over Bama...and like someone else mentioned it really depends on what that persons goal is. I don't consider ND a top 5 job mainly because of the academic restrictions on recruiting. Most of the players that want to go to ND cant get in the school academically. Its an all time top 5 job, but not present day top 5 IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESPN reports Brian Kelly interviews with the Eagles today...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Ye God! Meyer only ran as far as tOSU...
    well, urban can go to ND to continue his escape. its likely that we wont play them again for a while
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It is not public, but that is the number that you will find if you google - and the internet is never wrong.

BTW, $2.4MM represents more than double what he was making at Cincinnatti ($1.1MM)
    This is right. It's actually more around 2.6mm, but as far as the pay scale in its relativity, it is low.

I think it is a lateral move because of the life-span of a 21st century NFL coach. You never know. Eagles are looking for another 5-8 year guy. I don't think BK would do well in the NFL but that is just me.

Then again, the average life-span of a Notre Dame HC isn't much more, but I, as well as others, believe BK is special.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I heard the names of the coaches being looked at for the vacancies, pretty sad. The best coaches are in college right now. You don't believe Philly would take Kelly or Saban over our former Arians or recycled Lovie Smith and others? It's a sad state. Some of these owners keep their teams down in the dumps and like Coach Saban said, a good coach is powerless to really change things.

Some unfortunate coach will get stuck with Michael Vick. It's all about the bling in the NFL for the most part. Look at the Jets for an example of total insanity.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting to see the actual salary. I appreciate what's being done as far as responses to the money but....
    Let's see it. Otherwise it's all speculation.

Also, what makes the ND HC job so elite? Certainly not recent history other than this year. Is it facilities? Apparently not the pay scale. I think it's perception for the most part.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Whether he wants more money or he's seriously considering the NFL, he should not have interviewed the day after being blown out. If anything, that would cause me to tell him to forget the pay raise if I was the ND AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Whether he wants more money or he's seriously considering the NFL, he should not have interviewed the day after being blown out. If anything, that would cause me to tell him to forget the pay raise if I was the ND AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    One of my primary worries is having a bunch of EE's in their moving vans asking themselves, "What am I doing." I completely agree with you, it is bad timing. My guess is Swarbrick (our AD) lowballed him, Kelly said yes to interview, etc.

Rumor is that all our 2013 recruits have formed a facebook group and are currently speaking about the possibility of Kelly leaving. Most have tweeted they are ND no matter what. Still, just bad timing all in all.

I am now getting a taste of what you guys go through with CNS (or what you used to go through).

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    I'm still waiting to see the actual salary. I appreciate what's being done as far as responses to the money but....
    Let's see it. Otherwise it's all speculation.

Also, what makes the ND HC job so elite? Certainly not recent history other than this year. Is it facilities? Apparently not the pay scale. I think it's perception for the most part.
    I suppose - if nothing else - it would be the brand. Notre Dame being competitive again is enough to fill more column inches than just about any other school. I guess you can argue about why, but in my opinion it must have something to do with the interest the program generates. So I suppose that's why I'd say it is a marquee college job. It's part of American culture (maybe not down here so much!) that won't fade, whereas other historical giants (Penn State and Nebraska) might.

That doesn't mean I think Notre Dame is going to field a year in, year out elite team (too many in-built obstacles) though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    One of my primary worries is having a bunch of EE's in their moving vans asking themselves, "What am I doing." I completely agree with you, it is bad timing. My guess is Swarbrick (our AD) lowballed him, Kelly said yes to interview, etc.

Rumor is that all our 2013 recruits have formed a facebook group and are currently speaking about the possibility of Kelly leaving. Most have tweeted they are ND no matter what. Still, just bad timing all in all.

I am now getting a taste of what you guys go through with CNS (or what you used to go through).
    It's an every year thing with us. For one thing, the writers have to have something to write about and Saban is always fertile material, no matter how flimsy the underlying facts may be. The other thing is our rivals, particularly those across the state, will try to say anything which they think may hurt our recruiting. I just checked a couple of their boards this PM and they're still trumpeting it. It's irritating, but we're used to it. On Kelly, this was just bad form, IMO. It may not cause an exodus, but, if even one or two leading recruits defect, it's damaged the school's recruiting. I'm very disappointed in him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thinking back, he may have called the Eagles at halftime....leading to his remarks before the start of the 2nd half