Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Re: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    Thinking back, he may have called the Eagles at halftime....leading to his remarks before the start of the 2nd half
    Hahahaha. This should have upset me, but actually made me laugh out loud.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't think he's going to the pros yet. This is just a contract sweetener setup by his agent.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I don't think he's going to the pros yet. This is just a contract sweetener setup by his agent.

This is what I would bet on. (if I was a betting man)

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I would hire Chip Kelly.....if I was Notre Dame.....

And tell Brian Bon Voyage
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I would hire Chip Kelly.....if I was Notre Dame.....

And tell Brian Bon Voyage
    No way Notre Dame pays as much as Oregon.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaGayle View Post
    I suspect this is just a play by his agent to get ND's athletic department to reaffirm their commitment to him in the form of money and years. He can just deny it and make it all good with the fans afterwards.
    Yeah - sounds like he may just be looking for a raise, which he probably deserves. It would surprise me if he took the job, but I think it's too late to deny he interviewed - it's all over the sports pages this morning.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Maybe it's just me -- but simply interviewing for another job would make me want to part ways. It means your heart isn't in it -- that you are shaking my hand, but looking for someone better to talk to..... not cool --
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Yeah - sounds like he may just be looking for a raise, which he probably deserves.
    I dunno, they had a good year, certainly, but he's not paid millions of dollars to lose games. I'm generally of the mindset that says you don't get a raise until you meet or exceed some goals, and stringing together a bunch of wins with zero championships to show for it wouldn't qualify...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Howard View Post
    His salary is low - relative to the upper echelon coaches, and at the moment there's very few better college coaches. I'd be surprised if he's not using this interview as an opportunity to improve his contract.
    This^^^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Some unfortunate coach will get stuck with Michael Vick. It's all about the bling in the NFL for the most part. Look at the Jets for an example of total insanity.
    his name is Andy Reid when the Eagles trade him to the Chiefs. That is what the Cheifs do get a one year wonder or guy in the tail end of his career at QB. and the owner cannot understand why they stay near the bottom.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kelly interviewing with the Eagles would cause heartburn for me if I were a Notre Dame fan. I thought Fran was "interviewing" when he got on that plane to aTm. You don't interview just to interview especially if there is a chance you will get the job.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The CBS report about him leaving the country for a vacation shows the difference in the two teams Monday night. Not trying Gump, but our guys are already tweeting "Road to 16" and stuff. Saban told Herbstreit on the Gameday set after the game that he was going to recruit because "we are behind in recruiting." That statement was made by the man with a Top 5 recruiting class. Kelly, OTOH, is out of the country on vacation and will decide about the NFL when he gets back? The two teams are separated by more than a 28 point margin...
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Not really that surprising, run pro style system and never tried his hand at the pros, may not take the job but I'd be surprised if they didnt offer
    Kelly traditionally does not run the pro style system. If you go back and look at his offenses at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, and Cincinnati he runs a spread. Due to his (lack of) athletes at ND or personnel, he was forced to run the pro set.