Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    his name is Andy Reid when the Eagles trade him to the Chiefs. That is what the Cheifs do get a one year wonder or guy in the tail end of his career at QB. and the owner cannot understand why they stay near the bottom.
    Vick and Reid to the Chiefs? And the sad part is that the fans are probably excited at the crumbs. They were either ignorant to Brodie Croyles fragile frame or purposely selected a QB of the future that stood a 25% chance of playing 2 season's without having a serious injury. I was on to them after that since I knew so much about Brodie.

Coach Saban would not take these types of jobs. If he ever goes back to the pros, it will be at one of the programs that have a strong will to win, like a Pittsburgh.

Trent basically said that for the same money he would choose Bama over Cleveland anyday!

Kelly is a good coach that played Bama with much slower players......a player like Fox would battle for 2nd string at Bama. While the timing was horrendous, ND needs to wake up and pay him like a top 5 coach. I could tell from their third game that ND was a totally different team that played with confidence and toughness.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Coach Saban would not take these types of jobs. If he ever goes back to the pros, it will be at one of the programs that have a strong will to win, like a Pittsburgh.
    why do people, especially bama fans, keep fanning this?
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Because when you have a beautiful wife -- you are always worried some better looking fella is gonna steal her away
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Not that many of you may care, but just an FYI for any of your football convos today...

BK's agent is Trace Armstrong. Armstrong also represents Shefty & Chris Mortensen...hmmm..Standard planned leak for negotiation tactic IMO.

BTW, listened to Saban's interview this morning on Mike & Mike. Why was Greeny pressing on the NFL question? You could tell Saban got a little frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Because when you have a beautiful wife -- you are always worried some better looking fella is gonna steal her away
    i have a beautiful wife and i have no worries at all that she is going to be swayed by a better looking fella (maybe I'm doing something right )
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    Don't clump everything into that someone is implying unhappiness and looking to move, that will lead to a neurosis. Most of the uproar of mention of Saban and NFL have been from those with emotional instead of insightful thought. Anyone with insight knew he was not leaving, insight also says that it could happen oneday. No need to dwell on it, but also no need to stomp out the thought. This is the first time I have mentioned it in a few hundred recent posts.

Insight, proper context, truthfulness is all right with me.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; January 10th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Why was Greeny pressing on the NFL question? You could tell Saban got a little frustrated.
    Understatement...

He didn't even say "bye" to Greenberg but did to Herm!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Shut the front door! Oh wait, Saban did that too.
    Crystal footballs are multiplying like bunnies at Bama.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Crimson View Post
    Shut the front door! Oh wait, Saban did that too.
    There isn't a front door anymore remember? The hinges are gone...

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I think Alabama fans are just so traumatized by the past that they can't appreciate the present.

On the other hand, I think the media is doing this as part of any desperate attempt to undermine the SEC and Alabama. It's basically a recruiting tactic. If you can convince these young impressionable kids that Saban is about to leave, then perhaps you can talk them into play some other place.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Kelly traditionally does not run the pro style system. If you go back and look at his offenses at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, and Cincinnati he runs a spread. Due to his (lack of) athletes at ND or personnel, he was forced to run the pro set.

a case can be made for what Kelley ran, even at Cincy, is now under the umbrella of a "pro style system".
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

One ND recruit didn't approve of this interview...

@rivalsmike: Alex Anzalone to enroll at Florida tomorrow.Decommit from Notre Dame due to Brian Kelly-Eagles interview
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

If kelley does take the eagles job it will look like the way fran left alabama for atm. And might explain alittle about how bad nd looked in the game. Fran knew he was leaving before the aub. Game andkelley may have known something as well. It wouldnt suprise me to hear of a falling out after the bama game with the ath director or pres. Or booster. It has happened before and could have made kelleys decision easy, if he takes the job.