Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Re: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Russel Wilson is sort of rewriting what a small quarterback can do isn't he, fair enough he's not an option guy. Washington is running the pistol, not just running out of the pistol formation but actually using some elements of the pistol in its playcalling, not to mention its the second year in a row that Oregon's kelley has flirted heavily with NFL jobs, so it seems teams are at least interested in bringing in systems that aren't what we think of as Pro style offenses.

Granted to you both that Kelly's system he used at Cincy probably wont' be making to the NFL and option is also probably a no go, but what he ran at ND this year, mostly out of necessity and lack of a top qb, could work in the NFL. At least as a GM could probably believe some version of Kelly's system could work.

I'll concede my stance just to end the argument
    No, I think you have a point that the NFL's incorporating more spread elements, just as we do. I think the option QB is going to be very rare in the NFL (and with Saban), because the downside is so devastating if you lose him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    No, I think you have a point that the NFL's incorporating more spread elements, just as we do. I think the option QB is going to be very rare in the NFL (and with Saban), because the downside is so devastating if you lose him...
    Wouldn't RG3 be a good example of that? Even if they had won that game, they would be in the playoffs with no QB.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I look how the Niners have used Smith/Kaepernick and the Seahawks using Wilson as "examples" of using more mobile QBs. They must have the instinct to throw first, and then run if you need to. Granted, the Niners have run a bit more direct QB runs with Kaepernick under center, but ultimately, you have to protect yourself, and that means only running when you absolutely need to. I put examples in quotes because it's been done that way in the NFL for years now.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    Wouldn't RG3 be a good example of that? Even if they had won that game, they would be in the playoffs with no QB.
    RG3 is far from an option QB.

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Any quarterback not named Tim Tebow running outside the pocket is going to be subject to having his career shortened by a hit. The long term loss is not worth the short term gain.

From my phone with Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Imo rg3 is done already. Sounds like. He has a blown out knee i think for the second time. He needs to start watching old dan morino game tape and adjust his game.

‏@BFeldmanCBS
    Brian Kelly returns from the Bahamas within the hour, per source. Will be an interesting next 48 hrs. #notredame
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

I dont care one way or the other but with the recruiting class they are reported to have i dont see kelley leaving just signing a bigger contract. Then again the domers are tight with that type of money.going to be intresting no doubt about it. Im sure he is asking for "Saban money".

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Kelly says hes staying at ND
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    I dont care one way or the other but with the recruiting class they are reported to have i dont see kelley leaving just signing a bigger contract. Then again the domers are tight with that type of money.going to be intresting no doubt about it. Im sure he is asking for "Saban money".
    He may be asking but he sure as crap isn't worth it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    He may be asking but he sure as crap isn't worth it.
    Saban ASSISTANT money then...
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team

Everyone knows what's going on. A raise and an extension.