Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Well, he does make less $$$$$$$$, I think, than most SEC coaches. If I were him I'd say to the Notre Dame admin. "I want everything that Coach Nick has at Bama." That includes the total support for athletes.
Only if he can provide a very good answer to the question: "Why should we pay you the same amount as Nick Saban if you're not as good as Nick Saban?" When he is able to beat CNS, then he can ask for that.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Man -- this is like your girl cheating on you and then coming back saying "I won't cheat on you anymore if you buy me a ring!" --

Sad day in South Bend if you ask me......

Gotta be able to trust your Coach

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I didn't go to church today. I had a real nasty stomach virus on Friday night. I bet there was an extra collection for Catholic Charities which will add to his raise!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I didn't go to church today. I had a real nasty stomach virus on Friday night. I bet there was an extra collection for Catholic Charities which will add to his raise!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Actually, no...but they were looking for volunteers....:biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't blame the man at all for negotiating for a better salary. He's ridiculously lowly paid for the success he's brought the program. It's almost as if they think he should work at a discount for the privilege of working at ND. However, I really do hope, for their sake, that he was driven to negotiating in the open. If ND drove his agent to do it in desperation, shame on the ND AD. If Kelly went nuclear first, then shame on him...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Russel Wilson is sort of rewriting what a small quarterback can do isn't he, fair enough he's not an option guy. Washington is running the pistol, not just running out of the pistol formation but actually using some elements of the pistol in its playcalling, not to mention its the second year in a row that Oregon's kelley has flirted heavily with NFL jobs, so it seems teams are at least interested in bringing in systems that aren't what we think of as Pro style offenses.

Granted to you both that Kelly's system he used at Cincy probably wont' be making to the NFL and option is also probably a no go, but what he ran at ND this year, mostly out of necessity and lack of a top qb, could work in the NFL. At least as a GM could probably believe some version of Kelly's system could work.

I'll concede my stance just to end the argument

They can use pieces of the spread offense, but im not sure anyone is going to change their core philosophy to a spread because it does require different athletes...also, im not sure a Qb who looks to run first has a long career in the NFL (See RWIII). The linebackers/safeties in the NFL can cause sever damage...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
They can use pieces of the spread offense, but im not sure anyone is going to change their core philosophy to a spread because it does require different athletes...also, im not sure a Qb who looks to run first has a long career in the NFL (See RWIII). The linebackers/safeties in the NFL can cause sever damage...
This. A running QB will not last long before those 250lb LB, 300lb DE, 350lb NT start to take their toll. He needs to be a passer who looks to run as a last resort.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
This. A running QB will not last long before those 250lb LB, 300lb DE, 350lb NT start to take their toll. He needs to be a passer who looks to run as a last resort.
Definitely don't see Cam, Kapernick (sp) or RG3 having the same longevity as the Marinos, Montanas or even Tom Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Definitely don't see Cam, Kapernick (sp) or RG3 having the same longevity as the Marinos, Montanas or even Tom Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Young was a good example of.a mobile QB doing well and lasting a long time. He could run but that was usually as a last result. He was a passer that could run; not a runner that could pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.