Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Not really that surprising, run pro style system and never tried his hand at the pros, may not take the job but I'd be surprised if they didnt offer

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm surprised, I truly thought he would milk Notre Dame until the end. This would be beyond funny to see him "Saban-ized" and run off this quickly.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I suspect this is just a play by his agent to get ND's athletic department to reaffirm their commitment to him in the form of money and years. He can just deny it and make it all good with the fans afterwards.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Notre Dame has 29 seniors. They are not all on scholarship, but that's a big number. A couple other coaches peaked at Notre Dame and then went down with the ship. I would be surprised if he left, but Brian Kelly's undefeated teams really don't do very well in BCS bowl games.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
His non-answers about pro jobs the week before the game were just that, non-answers. He may have already been plotting his escape prior to the beatdown he was going to get and to joining granny Lou as only the second ND coach to lose to Bama. Did anybody say 'da Bears'? The domers may be right back to BK (before Kelly) before they know it. Maybe they can get Weiss back since things didn't go too well at KU this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would be shocked if he took that job. He is losing a lot of players, but he has some very good recruits in this class.

If he takes the Eagles job, maybe we could sway some of those recruits that are Bama good.

Maybe he should not take that job. If he does, ND would possibly hire our Defensive Coordinator.

No! NO! Don't take that job!

His non-answers about pro jobs the week before the game were just that, non-answers. He may have already been plotting his escape prior to the beatdown he was going to get and to joining granny Lou as only the second ND coach to lose to Bama. Did anybody say 'da Bears'? The domers may be right back to BK (before Kelly) before they know it. Maybe they can get Weiss back since things didn't go too well at KU this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Front butt would be thrilled!!

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
ESPN reports Brian Kelly interviews with the Eagles today...

Didn't see this link posted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-philadelphia-eagles-coaching-vacancy-sources

A bit surprising to me, and this will set ND back a bit if he leaves, imho.
Obviously depends on who they hire to replace him but they are just now getting competitive again (unless they're playing Alabama ;)... ).

ND fans aren't real happy with the possiblity either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.