Notre Dame's Brian Kelly interviews with Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Not that many of you may care, but just an FYI for any of your football convos today...

BK's agent is Trace Armstrong. Armstrong also represents Shefty & Chris Mortensen...hmmm..Standard planned leak for negotiation tactic IMO.

BTW, listened to Saban's interview this morning on Mike & Mike. Why was Greeny pressing on the NFL question? You could tell Saban got a little frustrated.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
why do people, especially bama fans, keep fanning this?
Don't clump everything into that someone is implying unhappiness and looking to move, that will lead to a neurosis. Most of the uproar of mention of Saban and NFL have been from those with emotional instead of insightful thought. Anyone with insight knew he was not leaving, insight also says that it could happen oneday. No need to dwell on it, but also no need to stomp out the thought. This is the first time I have mentioned it in a few hundred recent posts.

Insight, proper context, truthfulness is all right with me.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Because when you have a beautiful wife -- you are always worried some better looking fella is gonna steal her away
I think Alabama fans are just so traumatized by the past that they can't appreciate the present.

On the other hand, I think the media is doing this as part of any desperate attempt to undermine the SEC and Alabama. It's basically a recruiting tactic. If you can convince these young impressionable kids that Saban is about to leave, then perhaps you can talk them into play some other place.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Kelly traditionally does not run the pro style system. If you go back and look at his offenses at Grand Valley State, Central Michigan, and Cincinnati he runs a spread. Due to his (lack of) athletes at ND or personnel, he was forced to run the pro set.

a case can be made for what Kelley ran, even at Cincy, is now under the umbrella of a "pro style system".

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One ND recruit didn't approve of this interview...

@rivalsmike: Alex Anzalone to enroll at Florida tomorrow.Decommit from Notre Dame due to Brian Kelly-Eagles interview

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
If kelley does take the eagles job it will look like the way fran left alabama for atm. And might explain alittle about how bad nd looked in the game. Fran knew he was leaving before the aub. Game andkelley may have known something as well. It wouldnt suprise me to hear of a falling out after the bama game with the ath director or pres. Or booster. It has happened before and could have made kelleys decision easy, if he takes the job.

Not that many of you may care, but just an FYI for any of your football convos today...

BK's agent is Trace Armstrong. Armstrong also represents Shefty & Chris Mortensen...hmmm..Standard planned leak for negotiation tactic IMO.

BTW, listened to Saban's interview this morning on Mike & Mike. Why was Greeny pressing on the NFL question? You could tell Saban got a little frustrated.
He's just tired of it. He's put it to rest enough times but people keeping trying to wake it back up.

"If it was a prize fight, they'd call it off"

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The CBS report about him leaving the country for a vacation shows the difference in the two teams Monday night. Not trying Gump, but our guys are already tweeting "Road to 16" and stuff. Saban told Herbstreit on the Gameday set after the game that he was going to recruit because "we are behind in recruiting." That statement was made by the man with a Top 5 recruiting class. Kelly, OTOH, is out of the country on vacation and will decide about the NFL when he gets back? The two teams are separated by more than a 28 point margin...
Hey, is Kelly going duck hunting w/ Tubbs?

Also, Saban is making his azz quit!

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Just thought I'd post the latest on this for anyone still interested...Kelly's still mum and kind of letting ND nation twist in the wind...I've been kind of perusing their boards for post-game thoughts but most are now worried about the Kelly situation. Not anything new really but the longer this stretches out, points more strongly to Kelly leaving, imho.

I'm actually surprised he got an NFL interview as I don't see him in the N. Saban, C. Kelly, U. Meyer, L. Miles, or even C. Pederson league of college coaches yet.
Things that make you go hmmmm...

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/...teresting-twists--like-nothing-186540341.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.