Link: ND Fans still talking smack opposing fans return the favor!

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
You know, there is some interesting things in those links.

I will say I would like to see some of those games mentioned in there. I my self would like to see something on the ranks of Florida vs Michigan in Michigan with cold weather. (I mean actually cold, such as 25°F with snow flying through the air not 45°F with fair sky) I think it would be great to watch if an SEC team could perform under conditions of harsh winter weather.

Here is a hypothetical question just for fun (since I know it want really happen) How do yall think Alabama could do in “winter wonderland" conditions, lets say Alabama at Wisconsin, 24°F with six inches of snow on the ground (so there is actually snow on the field not just flying in the air.)

Just a thought...

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Man those domers are in their own clueless little world. Must be something in the water and their water is terrible.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just stupid. We played PSU home and home and tried to get a series home and home with ND and they turned it down. There are some posters in the first thread who are aware of this, yet posters lower in the thread keep parroting the "SEC teams" won't come north. Looks to me like ND didn't want to come south...

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
So Bama wants to play ND home and home, and ND is chicken and says no. So WE are the scared ones??!! ND knows they are outmatched, and refuses to play us. But they hope the world doesnt notice. And notice some of their fans are saying they SHOULD play against the SEC - as long as its the bottom teams. Then in the same sentence they say we are scared of THEM?? After this total beatdown by Bama, I expect this cowardice to just get worse. Bama's not scared of the North. ND is just scared of the south. Pathetic.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
domerdomain is joke. Don't judge the ND fan base on your impressions of it please lol
Seen much worse. The level of paranoia was at the middle rung of the ladder of college football manic-depressive behavior. An example: All those fan bases they hate, most of us hate them too.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama's team is built for any weather. The Tide's advantage would be multiplied if the championship game were played on a cold, rainy/snowy night somewhere up north. Why? Because they are not only fast and athletic, they are HUGE, and powerful. They can finesse you, or punch you in the mouth - and switch back and forth as circumstances change. You pick the style that you prefer - they will beat you with it.

Artificial surfaces and nice weather are talent "equalizers" - speed and agility are made more important. So, unless those teams contend that they are slower and less athletic so need bad field conditions to have a chance, the argument is silly.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
It became apparent to me that they all want the SEC to come North, I didn't see anything about ND coming South. Which would be worse, cold and possible snow or 90 degrees and 80% humidity.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I do feel sorry for many ND fans. You've waited so long to be relevant again -- and then you are.....the media darlings, with a stud LB who received WAY more accolades than he deserved.....simply because of where he played.

And then, not to have it taken from you -- but instead you receive the football equivalent of a Cat 5 Hurricane -- and by halftime you are looking for FEMA trucks -- must be insanely hard to accept.

I remember in 2008 -- getting the wake up call in the SECCG -- and realizing -- we are good, but we are not, there, yet.

We still had some "personality" issues to work through -- but we had a coach that didn't see Bama as a stepping stone to a better gig -- he wanted the challenge......ND has a coach either looking to leave, or testing the waters (which means he's not long term) -- to get a raise..... they will not contend next year -- or the year after -- and most of their fans have just realized it subconsciously -- and they are acting out

(heavy sigh -- slight smirk -- ;) )

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
We've gone north. We showed Penn State mercy in their own house.
In the links most the ND fans were speaking of a SEC team won't go North. Well, have to agree with them on Florida, they don't leave their state if they can help it. I know we have no problem with it, PSU and Mich St. for example.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I do feel sorry for many ND fans. You've waited so long to be relevant again -- and then you are.....the media darlings, with a stud LB who received WAY more accolades than he deserved.....simply because of where he played.

And then, not to have it taken from you -- but instead you receive the football equivalent of a Cat 5 Hurricane -- and by halftime you are looking for FEMA trucks -- must be insanely hard to accept.

I remember in 2008 -- getting the wake up call in the SECCG -- and realizing -- we are good, but we are not, there, yet.

We still had some "personality" issues to work through -- but we had a coach that didn't see Bama as a stepping stone to a better gig -- he wanted the challenge......ND has a coach either looking to leave, or testing the waters (which means he's not long term) -- to get a raise..... they will not contend next year -- or the year after -- and most of their fans have just realized it subconsciously -- and they are acting out

(heavy sigh -- slight smirk -- ;) )
but we were at least competitive in the 2008 seccg making florida earn it in the 4th quarter.

nd looked like they showed up at the spartathalon but had only trained for a 5k

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN

I will say I would like to see some of those games mentioned in there. I my self would like to see something on the ranks of Florida vs Michigan in Michigan with cold weather. (I mean actually cold, such as 25°F with snow flying through the air not 45°F with fair sky) I think it would be great to watch if an SEC team could perform under conditions of harsh winter weather.

Here is a hypothetical question just for fun (since I know it want really happen) How do yall think Alabama could do in “winter wonderland" conditions, lets say Alabama at Wisconsin, 24°F with six inches of snow on the ground (so there is actually snow on the field not just flying in the air.)

Just a thought...
We'll never see these cold weather games because of how the conference schedules are made. Look at the B1G schedule, for example. They play all of their nonconference games the first 4 weeks of the season. Then they play conference games for the next 8 straight. 'Bama is going north to Michigan St. in 2016 or 2017, but that game will be played in September. The B1G probably will not change this scheduling format. However, the conferences had an opportunity to have cold weather nonconference games by playing the semifinals on campus with the new playoff format, but passed.

It's funny that the fans of those schools harp about how the SEC is afraid to come north in November when, in truth, it's because of how their conference makes out the schedule.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The academic reputation of the entire Midwest must be called into question for wanting to do anything outdoors in subzero weather.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Just a thought...
Yeah, but how many times do they actually play in these conditions? Most of the time, late November in Big Ten country is fairly mild. Every now and then they'll have harsh cold and snow. But that usually waits until December, right? Except for maybe Minnesota and maybe Wisconsin.

That ignores the fact, which has already been stated, that the Big Ten refuses to play non-conference games after September. This is a Big Ten/Notre Dame problem. Not ours.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Just a thought...
We played ND in 1976 at South Bend Nov 13th and lost 18-21. We also played ND in 1987 at South Bend Nov 14th and lost 6-37. We played Penn State numerous times at State College during October and November, winning some and losing some.

We played Boston College in 1983 at Foxboro Nov 25th and lost 13-20 and I believe this was the game where the field was frozen and most of the broadcast went out due to weather and technical problems. Coach Bryant's last game against Illinois in the Liberty Bowl was pretty cold as I recall.

You young folks may not know but it used to get cold down south in October and November. We played high school games in South Alabama where it was below freezing. No snow but cold as a witches you know what. I can confirm global warming just from my own life experiences

Last edited:

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Some of the funniest stuff I have seen is on the Michigan State Rivals board, majority of those guys hate ND with a passion and it makes for comic gold in the game thread they had going on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.