Lacy's Decision?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Eddie has jumped to the top of most draft boards for RB's, which puts him early 2nd round... not going to get better draft stock then that.
I dont think theres any question he's going pro....to me, it wouldnt be to his benefit to come back and risk re-injuring that toe. His draft status is as high as he could hope to get it.

He was just fun to watch run the ball this season, and hope he does great at the next level.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I will add this. I think Eddie knows it's time to declare, but for some reason I get a sense that he really doesn't want to.
Not sure why I feel that way.
I think a lot of these guys would rather not go. College can be so much fun, and it must be these days at Alabama. Everything changes in the NFL/real world. The money just makes it almost impossible to pass up. Especially if you or your family needs it.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I can see any reason for him to stay $ wise. That one more year in the pros can be the difference in a big second contract or not........Shaun Alexander got his at the last second and they were correct to question the amount of thread he had left.

2nd round is great for a RB and I figure he will end up our best pro to date. Size, Speed and not having to go to a bottom feeder in the 2nd round hopefully.

The recruits are waiting!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Everything is a Cycle in the NFL -- 10 years ago Tight Ends were all but forgotten outside of Gonzo, Witten, Clark, and the big guy in San Diego (forget his name) -- in fact this year we saw LESS platooning in many cities -- and now you see a 1 back system in Seattle, St Louis, Tennessee, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cleveland, Minnesota -- just to name a few.....

Don't be surprised if someone reaches early for Eddie provided the combines give good results....

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I would love to see him stay next year, because I love watching him run the ball. And I believe that he is a great running back that would help us next year. But, if I was him, I think that i would move on. Having said that, I hope he goes to Atlanta :). I am sure that Julio Jones would agree with me :biggrin:

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012
I would like to see him end up with the Titans. He would make Chris Johnson look like a fool. Seems like that dude forgot how to run the ball once he got the big contract.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I looked back, and in '09, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells, and Knowshon Moreno were 1st rounders. In '10, Ryan Matthews and Jahvid Best went in the 1st. '11 was the only year that had only one 1st round RB, but '11 was a weak year for RB (Ryan Williams and Shane Vereen went in the 2nd rd). Last year, Trent, Doug Martin, and David Wilson went in the 1st. The notion that RB can't or don't go in 1st is not correct. If Eddie does well at the combine, he could go late in the 1st. I'd think he's more NFL ready then Monte Ball, Leveon Bell, or Stephan Taylor, but you never know what the scouts will think. Eddie is rare breed of size and speed and proved it against far superior defenses than the others. The way Eddie gutted it out, and played with as bad as a turf toe injury as he had last year truly makes him one of my favorites. I'm not a huge NFL fan, but I'd love to see him go to the Falcons and be heir apparent for an aging Micheal Turner. I'd probably actually go to a Falcons game to see Eddie and Julio play - something I haven't done since I was a kid.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.