Jesse Williams gets to speak with Australian Prime Minister

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Wow. How very cool. This had to be so much more special to him than meeting the American President. He deserves that special recognition from the head of HIS government. I can just imagine how he felt after the call.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Jesse was a beautiful monster that wondered into our lives for a short time and took us to back to back titles. Im gonna miss him, hope he has a long great pro career.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Considering she probably knows nothing about American football, that was a very nice thing for her to do.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I can just see her watching the game, wondering why they're wearing helmets and why they don't kick the ball more often (ala Rugby).

That said, I think Jesse would literally kill some people playing rugby. It's probably a good thing he came to play in a sport where protective gear is mandatory. ;)

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Considering she probably knows nothing about American football, that was a very nice thing for her to do.
Gotta believe after seeing him in the goal line offense, Jules was trying to sweet-talk him into playing silly mid-off for the Oz cricket team

against England in the Ashes during the NFL offseason.

MG

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
One of my all time favorites. I'm really going to miss his playing. My favorite play was when EL was running behind him at the goal line and Jesse popped Manti and absolutely flattened the safety. I laughed hard and long at that one.

Anyone seen DownUnder posting anymore? I haven't seen them in a long time. Great poster. He was family or close family friends.

WildTusk

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 26, 2009
I kept wishing they had given him the ball and he scored a touchdown in the goal line formation. That would have been historical!

DownUnder

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 7, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Anyone seen DownUnder posting anymore? I haven't seen them in a long time. Great poster. He was family or close family friends.
Yeah, I am still here. Enjoyed every minute of the game, except the minute JW was hurt.

Most Aussies would rather meet @thamonstar than the Prime Minister anyway, so she went for street cred.

It has been a great cpl of years watching the Tide from up close and afar, and I will continue to be a fan. Bama has a whole new fan base as a result of Jesse.

looking forward to seeing #16 next yr.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Yeah, I am still here. Enjoyed every minute of the game, except the minute JW was hurt.

Most Aussies would rather meet @thamonstar than the Prime Minister anyway, so she went for street cred.

It has been a great cpl of years watching the Tide from up close and afar, and I will continue to be a fan. Bama has a whole new fan base as a result of Jesse.

looking forward to seeing #16 next yr.
Got any more stud players from down under we could borrow?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I was worried when Mt Cody left for the NFL & had a hard time believing Jesse would live up to the hype, but boy he held his own very well.

I do have one regret, like Cody, I would have loved to see them both Carry the ball into the endzone just one time.

Oh well they carry a NC ring instead.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Folks down under get a few chances to watch Alabama Football.
Jesse has a following in Australia and New Zealand.
While American Football is an oddity, it's a small world.

DownUnder

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 7, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Got any more stud players from down under we could borrow?
Ha. There is only 1 Jesse Williams!
but we have 3 others at Juco, and 2 in Us high schools, not bad from one youth program in Australia. I know we can send a punter or a kicker. 3 SEC teams will have Aussie punters next year, and not all trouble like LSU#38.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Ha. There is only 1 Jesse Williams!
but we have 3 others at Juco, and 2 in Us high schools, not bad from one youth program in Australia. I know we can send a punter or a kicker. 3 SEC teams will have Aussie punters next year, and not all trouble like LSU#38.
Thank you for the post lets keep em coming to Alabama, Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.