Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Re: Alabama's Dynasty v. Nebraska Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Pointless to compare teams nearly two decades separated. The game has evolved a lot even since 1995-1997.

My comparison would be simply by results:

In simple dominance by record, I believe Nebraska gets the edge. They went 49-2 in their 4 year run and narrowly missed out of a national title the year previous to their dynasty (18-16 loss to Florida State; 11-1 record). They were undefeated in bowl games over their four seasons and only Miami in 1994 avoided an absolute detonation at the hands of Huskers. Alabama had similar bowl domination, but Alabama went 49-5 in their four seasons.

Their one knock in comparison to Alabama is that their titles weren't all consensus picks. They split with Michigan in 1997 though I believe Michigan would have struggled to contain them. It's hardly the Huskers fault the BCS didn't exist and their was no mechanism to pull Michigan away from the Rose Bowl. It is the reality though...they skirted from playing a #1 or #2 team in a bowl every championship season. Alabama had to beat a #1 or #2 team every single championship.

The Huskers blew away a relatively light schedule. (Don't come back at me with "but they beat four ten-win teams and those games weren't close." Go look at who those ten wins by the ten-win teams were against and get back with me. K-State had 8 wins against also-rans, Colorado was decent enough, and Kansas beat a bunch of nobodies. In short - they played three ten-win teams in the regular season who were only ten-win teams because they all routed the same other weak teams).
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I agree with many of the points here:

My quick synopsis of the 2 teams.

Offense: Advantage 2012

Advantage: 2012

Runningback: This will surprise a few people but I feel the tandem of Lacy (when healthy) and Yeldon are equal to the duo of Richardson and MI. The reason for this, is Lacy and Yeldon give Alabama two different type of backs, on the other hand, MI and Richardson were very similar backs in a lot of ways. I am also in the camp that believes that Yeldon has a chance to go down as one of the greatest backs in Alabama football history.

Advantage: 2012

Wide Receiver: Julio is the big name that stands out for most people on the 2009 club. As we all know, he is one of the greatest physical freaks to ever play the wide receiver position. Yet we sometimes forget that Julio's production in 2009 was not heisman'esque. This year Alabama brings a much younger receiving corps to the stadium, but one that is much more polished and has great "ball hawking" ability, particularly A. Cooper. I am a huge J. Jones fan, and he has come along ways since the 2009 season (just watch him this weekend eat up the Seahawks if you don't believe me!) but we are comparing him and their receiving corps from 2009. I think the advantage would go to the 2012 group but unfortunately injuries (Black, White, Norwood, etc.) ate up the group. Coopers is the reason they still get the credit that they deserve.

Advantage: Push

Defense: Advantage: 2009

Linebackers:
    This years group of linebackers was a deep and diverse group made up of veterans (Johnson and Mosley) and young'uns (DePriest and Hubbard). This group played well together but

Runningbacks MI and TR with Upchurch have an advantage over EL,tjY, and kd because Ingram was a fast physical back with TR being the same but faster and even more hardhiting with the ability to be a key part of the passing game by blocking and going out for passes. Upchurch is kinda like TJ in being nimble but he wasnt as talented.

ok we can compare Julio and Amari all day and all come up with different opions, but 09 has a clear advantage in TE with Colin Peak and Smelly. Norwood is great but if I had to choose it would be Peak. as for the other stable of receivers... if 12 could stay heathy I think they would hold a slight advantage with White and bell vs 09s Mccoy and Maze
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Runningbacks MI and TR with Upchurch have an advantage over EL,tjY, and kd because Ingram was a fast physical back with TR being the same but faster and even more hardhiting with the ability to be a key part of the passing game by blocking and going out for passes. Upchurch is kinda like TJ in being nimble but he wasnt as talented.

ok we can compare Julio and Amari all day and all come up with different opions, but 09 has a clear advantage in TE with Colin Peak and Smelly. Norwood is great but if I had to choose it would be Peak. as for the other stable of receivers... if 12 could stay heathy I think they would hold a slight advantage with White and bell vs 09s Mccoy and Maze
    To each their own but I think TJ is every bit as good as MI and TR. I know it is not the popular thing to say but I have watched a lot of football and that is my conclusion...

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

This year's backfield blows the other away - if Fowler and Hart don't get hurt.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    To each their own but I think TJ is every bit as good as MI and TR. I know it is not the popular thing to say but I have watched a lot of football and that is my conclusion...
    yea its a personal prefrence . like whos better walter payton, bo, or brown
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation All-SEC BradtheImpaler's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

I have a feeling that next year's team will make this irrelevant. As has already been pointed out, our dynasty is still evolving because we are just getting started.

While Nebraska was dominant, they were one dimensional on offense. Our balanced offensive attack makes Alabama a much harder team to defend, and therefore better. Defensively, I think we are a wash. Nebraska had a very dominant defense, but offenses have evolved a tremendous amount in the intervening decade and a half. And if you are going to talk about NFL talent, it's pretty hard to ignore the huge number of first round draft picks that Alabama has produced in the past couple of years... and will continue to produce.
    "In the second quarter, I saw Torretta look over at me, and he froze for a second. I saw fear."
    John Copeland

No way to compare these teams. It would be like comparing the first Super Bowl winners with this years. Each was the best for their time.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Do you think we win it all again next year?
    I think we are without a doubt a front runner and favorite. Too much goes into being the National Champion so I try to not act like I am Nostradamus and predict the future, but I do believe that we as a team have a great opportunity to win the National Championship every year Saban is at the helm*.

*As long as the players continue to by into the "Process" and we continue to recruit the way we have.

BamaNation All-SEC

easy to answer....we just add one more and end any and all debate!