Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Nick Saban to be on Mike & Mike momentarily

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    What people dont understand is that to CNS, this is fun
    Exactly. He works very hard but he loves his work. And he IS still very happy and feeling tremendous sense of accomplishment, he's just back at work while he's enjoying those things.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Controversy sells papers and ratings. Will we ever learn?!

The media will stop asking the question to Saban or writing about the possibility when fans quit clicking links or buying the publication or calling into a radio show.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of the delusional paranoid barners;
    ------------------------------
    He has sold his soul to the REC.

He has control, but he doesn't have control.

Seriously, we all talk about Saban as this control freak, and he is, but do you think for a minute that he isn't controlled by the REC? They will do everything in their power to keep Bama great, but imagine how it must be to have these people control you? They do.

Are they REALLY that obsessed? Do they REALLY think there is a REC? Is there anyone among them rational?

JEEZ!

RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I do want to keep one thing in mind - Greeny is just a radio host. Regardless of why he's asking those questions (to increase listeners/viewers to his show, or otherwise), I more think Greeny doesn't have the mindset that CNS comes from, and to be honest, not many press/media-types do. I didn't say all, just many of those that are on ESPN/major news media-types.

CNS has repeatedly explained why he is the way he is - it was instilled in him by his parents. CNS is also someone that must be doing something, he gets his "rest" from doing things (opposite of me, but I digress). But, because that is considered "bad" these days, he gets a bad rap unfortunately.
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of the delusional paranoid barners;

Seriously, we all talk about Saban as this control freak, and he is, but do you think for a minute that he isn't controlled by the REC? They will do everything in their power to keep Bama great, but imagine how it must be to have these people control you? They do.

Are they REALLY that obsessed? Do they REALLY think there is a REC? Is there anyone among them rational?

JEEZ!

RTR!!!
    REC = Knights Templar

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    Don't visit ITAT very often but periodically drop in just to view, never post. One of the threads is titled "MIKE & MIKE RIPPING SABAN" or something along that line. The following is a post I read from one of
    ----
    the delusional paranoid barners;

----------------------------------

JEEZ!

RTR!!!

SHHHHHHH..... First rule of Red Elephant Club - "Don't talk about Red Elephant Club".
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.

BamaNation All-American CaliforniaTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Just read about this. He's done with the NFL. Will they ever learn?!
    So you're saying there's a chance...
    It's the edge of the world
    And all of Western civilization
    The sun may rise in the East
    At least it settles in its final location
    It's understood that Hollywood
    Sells Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers in Californication

Look at that dude go all Dareus on that colt...

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I watch the MIKE&mike show once and a while. grenberg got on my wrong side back when Coach Saban left Miami to come to the Capstone. He supposedly is a Jets fan in a big way, which should lend himself to not be a particularly big fan of the Dolphins. But he had a hissy fit on the show, declaring that he hoped Alabama and Nick Saban never won another ballgame after this deception. He went on and on and on some more about that for a while. Not a fan of his, greenberg, to say the least.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I don't understand why the media gets their collective drawers in a wad about anyone not being completely honest with them.

They have betrayed the public's trust time and time again themselves.

BamaNation Second Team

I like how he only said goodbye to Herm.

BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    I watch the MIKE&mike show once and a while. grenberg got on my wrong side back when Coach Saban left Miami to come to the Capstone. He supposedly is a Jets fan in a big way, which should lend himself to not be a particularly big fan of the Dolphins. But he had a hissy fit on the show, declaring that he hoped Alabama and Nick Saban never won another ballgame after this deception. He went on and on and on some more about that for a while. Not a fan of his, greenberg, to say the least.
    Greenie, like a lot of sports media guys, had been calling the prospect of CNS leaving the NFL to coach at Bama "ridiculous" (or worse). And, saying that Bama was wasting their time and embarassing themselves by pursuing him. When he left, it made them look stupid and a lot of them were ticked off. They took it personally.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Greenie, like a lot of sports media guys, had been calling the prospect of CNS leaving the NFL to coach at Bama "ridiculous" (or worse). And, saying that Bama was wasting their time and embarassing themselves by pursuing him. When he left, it made them look stupid and a lot of them were ticked off. They took it personally.

And I took what he was spewing personally. I guess Mike Golic is alright. mike greenberg, not so much......

BamaNation All-SEC

It's always hard to say with these talking head types, whether they are saying things that are truly their personal opinions or just questions they think others want to hear answered and/or trying to stir controversy and therefore ratings. Like many in the private sector, I know folks just like CNS. I was once working a very difficult project, away from my family, high pressure, at 3 a.m. We finally found the solution to the problem. I just wanted to call it a night and get some sleep. My co-worker couldn't believe I was leaving. He just keeping looking at the piece of paper and finally told me "If they didn't pay me, I'd do this [stuff] for free." He meant it, too. Talked to someone at an investment bank this summer. He worked every weekday, mostly from about 7 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m., and part of most Saturdays. I suggested that I knew he was well-paid, but that if he worked it out per hour, it might not look so good. He told me, "You know, you'd be right, if I thought of this as work. I look at it like I'm getting paid to have fun."

I consider people who have found a way in life to feed their families and feel like they are getting away with something because some one pays them to do it very lucky. And I don't care if they are lawyers (like mentioned above), or investment bankers, or teachers (hats off Chatt), head football coaches, or working downstairs at Jiffy Lube.... Good for them. And darned if I'll criticize them for it.
    Roll Tide