Nick Saban to be on Mike & Mike momentarily

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Mike: "Is the door closed for a return to the NFL."
Saban: "How many times are you people going to ask me this question. I said the door was closed 2 days ago. Now ya'll are asking me if it is closed again. The damn hinges are worn off the door!"

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Now Mike is saying that Saban has no fun in life. "You prepare for what 200 days and you only get 2 days to enjoy a championship. That is not a good ratio. That is not a good life."

That is what is wrong with this world. We are all worried about having "fun" and not doing the work it takes to be great in life, in whatever capacity that maybe (family, professionally, spiritually)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Golic wasn't there today. They had Herm Edwards in his place I believe. I missed the CNS interview. Any other fun talking points he made?
Herm mentioned that he was the coach at one of the high school All American games this year and that he had a few players that could play. Saban laughed and said (something to the effect of), "Do you have any players that can cover up there, because I could use those guys."

Funny to hear Saban lobbying for defensive backs on national television. And if you think that wasn't strategically said by Saban then you haven't been following his career very closely.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Golic was not on the set today.
He was probabily on suicide watch after the ND loss! It's like he's crying with a virginia ham under one arm saying he has no money for bread. That story about his sons, okay, they were on the ND team, but to drag it on and on the other day, I had to tune out.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
Now Mike is saying that Saban has no fun in life. "You prepare for what 200 days and you only get 2 days to enjoy a championship. That is not a good ratio. That is not a good life."
What people dont understand is that to CNS, this is fun
Exactly. People cannot fathom an existence that is not defined by accolades & results. Saban's enjoyment is the 200 days. The 2 days off are what he dreads. He doesn't feel entitled to take time off, but instead cherishes the success of the process and can't wait to do it all again. It's not about being miserable or unsatisfied, it is finding satisfaction in the daily habits of success that most people have convinced themselves are a mundane existence. There is no glory, no spotlight on the football coach that is out-performing all other coaches in March or June. The wannabe-entitled's want us all to show up in August and turn out the lights after signing day in February. That's not the methods of a champion, and the majority of the country doesn't want to hear that because it means that what we (Bama) have, many more could also have - BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO PUT IN THE TIME, MONEY, SACRIFICE TO EARN IT.

Who was that guy that said, "The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards"??

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We can get awful close to political on this topic, and that is not my intention when I say the following.

It's a darn shame that we've gotten to the point that we either vilify hard work, or we look at it with disdain, as if everyone should relax and if you don't, or if you don't relax to the extent that the rest of society does, then you're abnormal or weird.

It's quite obvious that Coach Saban enjoys the work. We're blessed to have him. And I hate it when they say that the ncaa had to make rules changes to curb him. No, they had to make rules changes because everyone else was unwilling to put in the kind of work that he does. Instead of increasing their productivity and competing, they lobbied to level the playing field via rules and regulations.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

That is what is wrong with this world. We are all worried about having "fun" and not doing the work it takes to be great in life, in whatever capacity that maybe (family, professionally, spiritually)
Worse, most people don't understand that some of us have found a career we're passionate about, that we enjoy so much that work IS fun. I always tell folks Monday is my favorite day of the week because I get to go back to work. I suspect CNS feels the same way after his 48 hours off.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just listened to the interview. Greenberg sounded so dumb when asking the question and trying to explain the reasoning for it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We can get awful close to political on this topic, and that is not my intention when I say the following.

It's a darn shame that we've gotten to the point that we either vilify hard work, or we look at it with disdain, as if everyone should relax and if you don't, or if you don't relax to the extent that the rest of society does, then you're abnormal or weird.

It's quite obvious that Coach Saban enjoys the work. We're blessed to have him. And I hate it when they say that the ncaa had to make rules changes to curb him. No, they had to make rules changes because everyone else was unwilling to put in the kind of work that he does. Instead of increasing their productivity and competing, they lobbied to level the playing field via rules and regulations.
honestly, i think that is just human nature.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's like the episode where George Jefferson has a heart attack --

Then goes back to work and they walk in and he's reaming someone out for a mistake they made

And they are like "George, calm down, you need to relax, don't get so stressed out"

And George is like -- this ain't stress -- this is fun.

Saban LOVES the challenge -- I have no doubt he's having fun.......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.